Modss Question

texashawgss

well i've noticed that the average guys first few mods are cai, cat-back and a tune (pcm/hand held).

my questions are what PERFORMANCE MODS followed after that? did you choose a particular order to do them in and why that specific order? ...if you don't mind helpin me undestand a lil more. i'm not too knowledgable on this stuff so maybe that will help you help me more easily. the more info you can give me the better but i don't mind using google to learn more.

well i've noticed that the average guys first few mods are cai, cat-back and a tune (pcm/hand held).

my questions are what PERFORMANCE MODS followed after that? did you choose a particular order to do them in and why that specific order? ...if you don't mind helpin me undestand a lil more. i'm not too knowledgable on this stuff so maybe that will help you help me more easily. the more info you can give me the better but i don't mind using google to learn more.

Next would have to be modding the tranny. Then depending on budget and goals, maybe nitrous, a small cam, intake and tb swap. Or if you got some extra cash to spare, a full head/cam swap, stroker motor, or a blower or turbo. It all depends on personal preference too and the setup you want.

Next would have to be modding the tranny. Then depending on budget and goals, maybe nitrous, a small cam, intake and tb swap. Or if you got some extra cash to spare, a full head/cam swap, stroker motor, or a blower or turbo. It all depends on personal preference too and the setup you want.

I agree....the next step is deciding what your goals are and budget is. After you have established that then there is no real order i guess...I went blower,cam,headers, in one install.

like they have already said. from here it starts with supporting mods for future use depending on goal. like transmission, rearend, forged internals. just depends what route your going, forced induction or nitrous or naturaly aspirated. as the saying goes theres a million ways to skin a cat. same with the mods. just do what you can when you can. gary

just depends what route your going, forced induction or nitrous or naturaly aspirated. as the saying goes theres a million ways to skin a cat. same with the mods. just do what you can when you can. gary

i'd like to supercharge it

the best way to not waste money on breaking stuff over and over is beef up the rest of the drivetrain to handle that supercharger. thats how it starts "im just going to put a supercharger on it with 6-7lbs boost and have fun." then it keeps going more boost, forged bottom end, heads/cam, and it never ends. so starting with the transmission and rearend you save it from breaking and causing more damage. but many do not go that route since they are not go fast parts. it really depends on how serious you plan on getting with your truck in the future. you can always do all the standard boltons and have fun until you deside to go FI then gather all your big parts to handle it. gary

the best way to not waste money on breaking stuff over and over is beef up the rest of the drivetrain to handle that supercharger. thats how it starts "im just going to put a supercharger on it with 6-7lbs boost and have fun." then it keeps going more boost, forged bottom end, heads/cam, and it never ends. so starting with the transmission and rearend you save it from breaking and causing more damage. but many do not go that route since they are not go fast parts. it really depends on how serious you plan on getting with your truck in the future. you can always do all the standard boltons and have fun until you deside to go FI then gather all your big parts to handle it. gary

i plan on keepin this truck as long as i live so i want it to be fast AND reliable. i also plan on gettin pretty serious with soupin it up. this is the only vehicle that i've had that i feel is worth puttin money into so i want it to last.

so then it depends on your budget now as to whats next. like others have said efans are good, UD pulleys, LT headers are all good to start with. if you drive it pretty hard you might want to think about those drivetrain upgrades sooner than later. it all adds up quick but they are needed to set the ground work for a quaility/reliable build. try going through some of the member builds and see what all they have done. alot of good info in here. just takes alot of research. every truck is different. how much do you plan of spending now?

how much do you plan of spending now?

not much right now.. only thing i've done so far is put on some pipes.. want to get a volant cai and pcm tune next.. i've put together a little excel spreadsheet wishlist for all the things i want thanks to LOTS of help from this site :D . as for right now my goal is to spend about $500-$1000 every 3 months on mods.

not much right now.. only thing i've done so far is put on some pipes.. want to get a volant cai and pcm tune next.. i've put together a little excel spreadsheet wishlist for all the things i want thanks to LOTS of help from this site :D . as for right now my goal is to spend about $500-$1000 every 3 months on mods.

With the amount of money it takes to be fast and reliable, you're looking at a few years to get it there, but then you're only gonna want more.