Hey Yall!

gafool

new guy here from georgia! i have an 04 5.3L silverado ext cab 2wd summit white, mods so far, 40 flow master single in double out, billet grille, 20 v tec rims on flalken 265 50r20. upcoming will be a belltech 3/4 drop, eldelbrock shorty headers, cold air intake( any suggestions?) ss front bumber, then later on the audio upgrades, im glad to see a place that dont mind impossters! ha ha im getting before pics and then after pics. so any ss peeps from ga? would like to meet and greet if any are around? love the look of the later models silverados! ss, or not!

welcome to the site. and since it looks like you dont mind suggestions, if you are looking for performance, either get longtube headers or do not waste your money on shorties. they arent any better than the stock manifolds. also get rid of the flowmaster. although the sound is hard to beat, it actually costs you gains. :cheers:

long tube huh? where would i find those? no flows? well im going have to keep them cause i just got them put on? so what kind diffrence between the shortys and not? figured edelbrock was a good company? but yes i am open for suggestions thx for the reply

Welcome to the site :cheers:

IMO i would go with magnaflow or corsa exhaust, AEM or Volant CAI (cold air intake), and a custom tune from Blackbear or Wheatley is a must. As far as headers long tubes are best but heck i doubt the shorties hurt anything haha Good luck with it all :thumbs:

agreed with tune and intakes. shortys are worthless really, they give u lots of down low like factory but they dont flow enough for higher rpms. they are basically the same thing as manifolds....

welcome though!!!

ok well good thing i still have the recipt for the shorties and will be returning them! i guess thats why they are called shorties? short lived? ha ha :jester: im enjoying this i could spend hours here reading and looking at all posts getting ideas etc!looking forward to posting my own pics. ok another question?? drop kits? sorry wrong place to post this is the hey how ya doing area lol ok thanks guys looking forward to getting to know yall! :cheers:

• 1 month later...