Newbie Here Drop Kit ?

gafool

ok im looking to lower my trk, ill have 20 inch rims on them i wanna use the belltech 664 nd 3/4 kit the problem is the guys that are installing them are saying they will have to trim the shakles? so the new ones will fit? any way is there a good kit out there that wont require me to have to cut or wled anything? a simple bolt on app? is there an app for that? sorry little joke, plus whats the normal price range and time for these things to take place? i was told about 9 hours for install cutting and alignment, ok i know the alignment but really 9 hours? and almost 700 dollars for the install the kit only cost 600? ok fire away with your wise and knowledge of the great truck we call silverado! mines not a ss but i call mine a sexy silverado? ha ok thnks

no trimming of the shackles. u need to go to stylintrucks.com and find either McGaughtys or belltech kit for ur truck. spindles and springs for upfront, hangers and shackles for the back. hangers and shackles are like 200 and the spindles and springs are around 300. if u have a jack stand and a little knowledge of things u could do it urself in ur driveway in about 6 hours. check the how-to section and u should b set. Mr. P has AWESOME write ups and they are all on his own truck with all of those drop options.

PM NORCAL SS and he'll get you the parts you need cheaper than you are gonna find them anywhere else.

If you have some mechanic's skills and tools, do it yourself and save the cash. Shouldn't take you more than half a day if you know what you're doing. Hardest part is getting off the old hangers. Otherwise, it's all pretty straight forward and easy.

Well I have the belltech 3/4 drop kit everything included it's the whole cutting to make the part fit that concerns me? I'm trying to do all of my homework on this, just don't want this investment to go belly up?again thanks for the info

well just read one of mr p droping posting and it looks like drilling out the rivits? is a must? so the rear shakle can hang properly? well ill see what i see

There's no cutting or trimming of the parts to install them. And yes, you have to drill out the stock rivets on the hangers. Or cut them off with a die grinder and punch them threw with a punch and a hammer.

There's no cutting or trimming of the parts to install them. And yes, you have to drill out the stock rivets on the hangers. Or cut them off with a die grinder and punch them threw with a punch and a hammer.

hit me up ive done tons of these.

ok well it seems i have to write a book to send u a message!! anyway ive seen bolt ons that dont require and cutting and what not, but i dont want to buy 2 or 3 diffrent parts from here and there lol i just wanna do this right and not rush it

the 3/4 drop kit

for 3 inch drop i do

front 3 inch a arms

rear shackles and hangers

or

rear belltech leafs

the spindles and keys ride i do not like at all for 3 inches. the djm drops it 3 inches comes with new balljoints and rides much better.

well the ground force kit has everything as well as the belltech, gf is 9907 pt number and 664 nd is the belltech pt number

if you dont care about ride then do the spindles and keys.

664nd is the belltech drop kit with coil springs front. you have torsen bars totally different unless you have a clone 2wd non ss model. I have like 10 ss kits here lol

if you dont care about ride then do the spindles and keys.

664nd is the belltech drop kit with coil springs front. you have torsen bars totally different unless you have a clone 2wd non ss model. I have like 10 ss kits here lol

lol yes its a begining clone its just and 04 ext cab 2wd