My Girls Car Is Gonna Whop My Ss!

she has a 2000 pontiac bonneville SSEi with the 3800 supercharged motor in it. right now it has a 3.3" pulley (stock is 3.8"), headers, tune by me, and full 3" exhaust. we raced 2 days after i got my truck and i had her by about 3 cars out of the hole but by 90 mph she was back to my bumper my truck was bone stock BTW. her car is at the transmission shop now getting a rebuild as well as about $1k in up grades from a 3200 stall converter, 300M input shaft, 3.69:1 gear set (stock is 2.93:1). when we get it back she as a set of 245/50R16 nitto 555R's setting at the tire shop waiting to go on. Then its on to rip the top end off of the motor to change the head gaskets, install bigger cam, LS6 valve springs, intercooler, ported blower and lower intake, slightly ported LS1 throttle body and MAF. All to gather its getting about $3400 in go fast goodies and it should be at least mid to low 12's in the 1/4 off the bottle. With a 50 shot of spray should put it mid 11's or faster. (gotta remember this car is blown so not only do we get the added power of the nitrous but we also get the inter cooling effect from the spray.) on the 3800 forums a guy put on a 65 shot on the dyno and picked up about 60 hp and about 100 ft-lb of torque when the spray came on.

they say a 2.8 pulley is about as fast as you wanna spin the stock M90 and i think we will stick with the 3.3 for a while or maybe go as low as a 3.0 but that should be all we need for right now. if she wants more power the M90 will be bypassed and a turbo will go on. our goal for the car is at least a 11.99 then we will get her a race car. she wants a older chevy like a 72 body style nova or something along those lines. her dream car is a early 70s vette so that might be our next big buy besides a house.

That M90 is gonna be choking before long with all those mods, they tend to fall on their face the faster you spin them. I wouldn't go any smaller then a 3.2 pulley IMO....

Oh yes, we will need some pics too. :P

reading this makes me want to start modding my wifes 06 Grand Prix GT. we have had it for almost 3 yrs and ive held off so far. but now you got me thinking about it again. :D guess a few mods wont hurt right!!! we do need pics when its done. gary

aahh 3800 SC talk, i feel much more at home lol.. yeah, i had a fully built gtp with a gen v blower, xpz cam, fully built tranny and all the bells and whistles.. was a fasttt car and i still miss it to this day.. oh, btw i ran a 2.7" pulley on it daily driving .. Never missed a beat.

ya ive got a buddy that has a 97 GTP with a 2.7 pulley, intercooler, 1.8 rockers, pace setter headers (that he cant get to stop leaking), meth inj, and a few other little things but has a stock trans in it. another buddy had a 98 GT that we (we= me, him, and 2 other guys) swapped the L67 into in 25 hrs including a few hrs sleep time and had it running. it now has a 3.3 pulley, STG1 ZZP throttle body, TB spacer, headers. then his girl has a regal GS with the l67 in it he got it for her for v-day its already got headers and a 3.4 pulley. the guy with the 2.7 pulley tunes all of them but my girls car i tune my own shnit!

That M90 is gonna be choking before long with all those mods, they tend to fall on their face the faster you spin them. I wouldn't go any smaller then a 3.2 pulley IMO....

They are only feeding 3.8L engines.

I ran a 3.0" with a ZZP VS cam, which is mild compared to the XP cam from ZZP and it never fell on its face. It did much better than the 3.25" that I ran as the daily driver pulley. With the 3.25", it was still a 13.2 car. Many L67 and L32 cars with the M90 are running 2.8" or even smaller. To go smaller than 2.8", the snout needs to be machined to accomodate the pulley if I recall.

I wouldn't run less than a 3.0" without an intercooler or meth. I ran a 12.94 wth my setup in my 99 GTX. The bonne is heavier, I think high 11's is high expecations.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)