Vortech Upgrade Cooler

I have the vortech watercooled supercharger. The place of the watercooler was in my eyes not ideal.

And at the dragstrip in the waitingline there is not much cool air from driving.

So i relocated the cooler behind the bumper and put an E-fan on it from a Smart.

Her are the pics:

The fan and cooler

DSC00609.jpg

Made some brackets and a small piece of alu to make fit.

getpartsstikker010.jpg

The space behind the bumper

getpartsfan002.jpg

cooler and fan in place

getpartsfan003.jpg

A pic from above with grille removed, the hoses run much cleaner now,

getpartsfan004.jpg

Nice upgrade, If you do some searching chase also had a pretty good upgraded cooler back when he ran the vortech. I never mounted mine below the bumper and had to rig up some brackets to go in front of my upgrade tranny cooler.... If you want a even bigger water cooler you could get ahold of trick turbos and get you a custom one built. I personally talked to him in texas and discussed it.

:thumbs:

@Zippy:

Do you think i have to relocate the iat-sensor? And after relocation must i change the tune?

@packjh: There is space enough there for a bigger cooler , i think with the e-fan this is enough but i gonna measure temperatuur to be sure.

• 3 months later...

Yeah i tested it and with the 22' i ran a 13.55 before i only made 13.6 with the big wheels. And times didnot go down/up after some runs.

I put the stock 20" on for next race and bought myself a new toy, orange ls3/m6.

auto001.png