Bose 6 Disc Not Working...anyone Else Had This Problem

post-19125-1268711541_thumb.jpgMy bose 6 disc cd player is jacked up!!!! It will not play cd's, eject cd's, or load cd's and the symbol that lets you know that there are cd's in the player just flashes. Has anyone else had this problem and what needs to be done to fix it. Please help!!

its prob is fried and you'll have to purchase a new one. there like 500 bucks though so you might wanna go aftermarket. did you pull out the radio and check if all the wires are good and everything is plugged in. or you could try and unplug it all then plug it back in and see if it resets back to normal

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same thing happend to me, just take it out, remove the hard cover and realign the CD's. chances are one or more cd's are out of place. once you line them up, reinstall and it should take care of it.

Thats what I did. I pulled the face off and removed the cd player from the main radio housing, but later realized there is a single screw on the back panel that holds the top cover on. Remove that and you can see right down into the cd player. I just took my knife and pushed the one cd that was out of place in line with the rest and it works perfect.

Finally bought another unit off ebay and put the working cd changer unit out of the head unit I bought into my original radio and I'm back in business. A small white plastic gear came falling out of my old cd changer unit when I took it out - figure that was the problem. Trading out just he CD changer unit kept me from having to deal with getting the VIN code reprogrammed for a new radio.