Brake Fail, 2nd Time

Ive had some brake issues from the get go with this truck, when I bought it it had a frozen rear caliper, I replaced that, last september the rear brakes went, the inner right rear pad fell right out and destroyed the caliper, I replaced the rear pads, rear rotors and right rear caliper, last sunday the same thing happened again, I replaced everything again but dunno why its going through rear brakes like this. One of my friends said it could be a portionong valve? anyone else had this issue?

cant think of to many things that will give u that OH SH*T feeling like losing youre brakes. the inner pad was down to almost just the baking plate, never made any wierd noises or any warning signs just was hanging out by a thread between the rotor and bottom piston, with brake fluid everywhere, the front brakes should go long before the rears though

sounds like you're more dangerous on the road than a drunk driver :uhoh: at least they can stop :jester:

alright alright...enough bustin your chops...

did the rear pads snap to come out?

so the pistons in the caliper pushed all the way out but there was no pad...ok.. the pads have a tab on em tho so you should heard screeching to know you needed brakes. And I have done my rear brakes 2 or 3 times and the front once.

FYI it is common and normal for the rear brakes to wear out before the fronts on an AWD SSS due tio the way the brakes are proportioned. My Tahoe is on its second set of rear brakes at 81k, but still on the original fronts.

hmm first time Ive heard anything about any vehicle wearing the rear brakes going first, learn something new everyday

Astro vans with 4 wheel disc have the same issue, I should know, I have ten '04-'05 Astros in my fleet at work. :ninja: