Burnout Blues

i pulled the drive shaft that does not work i lost almost half of the power so idk what to do but thanks for the reply

Pleeeaaaase tell me you didn't drive it on the steet that way! :uhoh: As mentioned before, driving on the steet without a front shaft will destroy the viscous coupler, rendering permanent damage to the t-case......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I don't have much trouble breaking all 4 loose and I'm not nearly as fast as some of these guys. When I was at the track I just pulled through the traps and stood on the throttle like a 2wd and she would light up all 4 (really only does 3). The guys in the box got a kick out of me for some reason.

Been there as well, took out the starting line cones and pissed off the one staging guy (Island Dragway for you locals, you know how they are :uhoh: ). I have logs showing AWD traction issues through 50MPH. :cool:

so my guess is that there is no way i can kill the awd with a tune or anything i guess :confused:

NO. As mentioned, it is mechanical. You could in fact swap out your NVG149 case for a true selectable 4x4 one and do all of the necessary mods to make it work. I have though about doing that with an 80E upgrade.

NO. As mentioned, it is mechanical. You could in fact swap out your NVG149 case for a true selectable 4x4 one and do all of the necessary mods to make it work. I have though about doing that with an 80E upgrade.

WERD... trever1t has the selectable 4X4 and he's seems to be really happy with it, he has track vids of him doing a burnout to heat the rears then launching in 4WD with no issues... pretty awesome to see actually...

oh and see sig, :D ...

-Rob