Tpms

KBAR

After rotating my tires and attempting to relearn the tire pressure monitoring system by following the owners' manual, I have the "service TPMS" light illuminated. This has occured each time I have rotated my tires and I have to take the truck to the dealer for relearning. Anyone else have this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
After rotating my tires and attempting to relearn the tire pressure monitoring system by following the owners' manual, I have the "service TPMS" light illuminated. This has occured each time I have rotated my tires and I have to take the truck to the dealer for relearning. Anyone else have this issue?

We have a handheld machine at work that is used to reset some vehicles. I'm pretty sure I've used it on a silverado before. So taking it to the dealer may be the only way to reset it.

Edited by Kim (see edit history)

on some GMs you can put in in "learn mode" through the steering wheel buttons, and use a decent sized magnet (from like a spare parts tray, 3-5"). Go up to each valve stem and hold the magnet in front of it til it honks the horn. You have to go left front, right front, right rear, left rear though.... If it worked it wil honk like 3 times after the last wheel. Or you could just tell the tards at the dealership to fix it cause they screwed up. The little handheld machine is way easier

on some GMs you can put in in "learn mode" through the steering wheel buttons, and use a decent sized magnet (from like a spare parts tray, 3-5"). Go up to each valve stem and hold the magnet in front of it til it honks the horn. You have to go left front, right front, right rear, left rear though.... If it worked it wil honk like 3 times after the last wheel. Or you could just tell the tards at the dealership to fix it cause they screwed up. The little handheld machine is way easier

this is the way to do it.. yes we have two different handhelds at work and we use the magnet that looks like a minature donut to reset vettes.