Ss 22's But I Have Questions?

Ruben525

I had my SS 22's put on today and on the way home I noticed my truck shakes really bad when I get up to 60 or higher. My tire size is 265/35/22 I understand im gonna have a bumpy ride because of the smaller tire but what I dont understand is why my truck shakes really bad side to side. I never had this problem with my SS 20's that where on 275/45/22. I haven't had an alinement done yet because I went to late and they didnt have time. Could that be the oreason my trucks shaking so bad? Any ideas on what it could be? :confused:

you definatly need the alignment done but another possibility is a wheel out of balance , could have thrown a weight or it wasnt done properly when they were mounted. its one or the other or a combination of both. keep driving like that and you could loose a bearing.

you definatly need the alignment done but another possibility is a wheel out of balance , could have thrown a weight or it wasnt done properly when they were mounted. its one or the other or a combination of both. keep driving like that and you could loose a bearing.

Yea thats what I was thinking because they were in a rush. I was the last person out of there. Im gonna have to take it back.

Did you remove the clips off the lugs? There is one clip per hub that is on there, they need to be popped off before aftermarket wheels are installed. This would certainly cause a wild vibration!

Idk what they did but it rides like shit! I'm gonna take it back and I'm not paying for anything

X2!

definetly get the wheels balanced again and an alignment!

Did you remove the clips off the lugs? There is one clip per hub that is on there, they need to be popped off before aftermarket wheels are installed. This would certainly cause a wild vibration!

what do the clips that you are talking about look like? Because when I put on my rims there where two little brass clips on the Threads of one wheel, my dad said they were just to hold on the rear rotors, they were only on one wheel. Are these what you mean could cause vibrations?

any update?

Yea my dad took it in and they fixed everything. I have to call the shop tomorrow because they told my dad something went out on my frontend and its gonna be like 400 dollars to fix so idk we'll see :shakehead: . Hopefully its not that bad. I just put up my pics on my build page. Let me know what you guys think.