New Stuff For The Ss, Which Brands To Choose?

tburkdoll

Well i'm thinking of adding headers and i'm not sure what fits my application best, I know dynatech is top of the line but so pricey and i heard pacesetters are difficult to install because they don't fit right? Also i'm Needing a hard folding tonneau like something similar to the Bakflip tonneau.

Whats your experiences and opinions?

Well i'm thinking of adding headers and i'm not sure what fits my application best, I know dynatech is top of the line but so pricey and i heard pacesetters are difficult to install because they don't fit right? Also i'm Needing a hard folding tonneau like something similar to the Bakflip tonneau.

Sweeeet... check the ARH headers if you have the coin to spend. No personal experience, but they sound top of the good. As for covers, i had a GM trifold and really liked it. More functional than for looks, but i didn't have a show truck so i thought it looked good. Probably expensive because it is GM, but worth a look.

How much you looking to spend is where you should start. Headers from $320.00 up to Headers/Cats for $1500.00. Same with a Tonneau cover. Soft covers are like $250.00 up to $1500.00+ for a nice hard Tonneau.

I personally went with the Extang Full-Tilt soft Tonneau.

Picture_169.jpg

Just noticed the Kansas connection. Don't forget to look into the GTG in KC in April. It'll be a great chance to look at what some others have in person.

Yeah i'd love to go but since i play college baseball im real busy and got a game the day of the GTG. We need to have one in June or July so i can make one lol

How much you looking to spend is where you should start. Headers from $320.00 up to Headers/Cats for $1500.00. Same with a Tonneau cover. Soft covers are like $250.00 up to $1500.00+ for a nice hard Tonneau.

I personally went with the Extang Full-Tilt soft Tonneau.

Headers are gonna be second on the list and will prolly not be able to spend a lot on them but i also don't want bad quality.. picky i know lol

I already have a soft truxedo roll up and i hate it...it doesn't seal and wont stay tight and flaps at hwy speeds :banghead: looks awful. But since i use my bed occasionally it needs to be taken off so i want to have a solid tonneau that can also allow me to use my bed.

I already have a soft truxedo roll up and i hate it...it doesn't seal and wont stay tight and flaps at hwy speeds :banghead: looks awful. But since i use my bed occasionally it needs to be taken off so i want to have a solid tonneau that can also allow me to use my bed.

Hard tonneau covers def. look better, but weight more and cost more. I choose the Extang because of the ease of removing it in one piece and by myself. I have never once rolled it up in the 4+ yrs. it been on.

Picture_167.jpg

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Hard tonneau covers def. look better, but weight more and cost more. I choose the Extang because of the ease of removing it in one piece and by myself. I have never once rolled it up in the 4+ yrs. it been on.

How well does it seal water and dust out?

dynatech headers are a true bolt-on mod. I got some used many years ago and ran them. One of my first mods and they did bolt-on. I like things that don't require a lot of fab. It makes my work easier and fun. There is a knock-off brand on eBay. Same headers as the old dynatech design but for a lot less. I forgot their name but someone will know. If you get those you'll need some spark plug wires to go around the crazy driver side header tube. A member off here sent me a couple he had and they worked great. :cheers:

There is a member here who recently got ARH's, and was extremely unhappy with the fit of them because they touch everything including the frame of his SS. Look into Dynatech's if you want a quality stainless bolt-on header that is a proven performer. For a tonneau, look into Lund also. I have the Seal and Peel, no complaints here......

Try truxsport.com That is the roll-up I have. I can't remember who I actually ordered it from.(probably Summit or Ebay)It has a thumb latch on either side with adjustable tension, and rolls up with the supports attached. I run my boat repair service out of my truck and roll it up at least once a day for the last 2 years. The velcro is just now "starting" to weaken. It still works great and looks good. It does flap a little at highway speed, but nothing exteme. I can make it better if I really pull on it to get it tight, but it doesn't really bother me. It's not making noise or anything.

I've got Dynatech headers and love them. I have seen Pacesetters on some other rides and they look good also but I don't know about the fitment of them though. As far as a bed cover, I have a Rugged trifold and love it, but it is not a hard top. It does seal off very well. Good luck with your search.

...and i heard pacesetters are difficult to install because they don't fit right?

i'm running the pacesetters on my truck and i didn't have any fitting problems...everything worked out great and it was an easy install. i'm in college too so i know money can be tight...the pacesetters are easy on the wallet. i got mine new shipped for $307.

EDIT: i did a write up a little while ago on the pacesetter install...check in the how to section for the thread. there might be a little difference since youre awd...but everything else should be the same :thumbs:

Yeah i'd love to go but since i play college baseball im real busy and got a game the day of the GTG.

who do you play ball for?

Edited by jc06VMAX (see edit history)