Interesting Dealership

sdimedude

So I was cruising down the road today and caught a glimpse of a truck with SSS wheels at a used car dealership. So I turned around and went and took a look and sure enough it was a silver SSS. So I started looking at it and then a guy came out. He told me they just got it in and are about to send it to a upholster shop (driver seat had a chunk missing out of the side support). So I was checking it out and trying to figure out what year it was and found that it was 2wd with the 03-05 hood and grill. So I came to the conclusion that it was a 05 and he told me I was right. But he told me it was awd. I told him it had no axles in the front and that in 05 they had AWD and 2wd.

So we start shooting the shit about my truck and his personal Silverado with a 7" lift. He told me his truck is 2wd with a 6.0 in it. I told him it either had a lq4 or lq9 in it. He wasn't sure what those were. He also told me he bought that truck used and it had no badges on it and it came with factory 20's. So I told him his truck was probably a VHO. So he looked it up in his glove apartment and sure enough saw something with lq9 on it. I thought it was pretty cool giving him info about his own truck.

So anyhow this dealership has all kinds of things from modded Supra's to lifted trucks. He was informing me that they are about to install a 2wd dyno and start tuning mainly trucks. I just thought it was a cool place and I thought I would let you guys know.

thanks for checking out my thread

David

I asked the guy if it was going to be a awd dyno and he said no. Just a 2wd. I could imagine that the awd dyno would be pretty expensive to buy in our wheelbase.

its not the cost its the set-up. If you set it up to be able to do our extremly long AWD then you might not be able to adjust the rollers to accomidate a smaller AWD tuner type car. On an AWD dyno you'll be maxing it out with our wheel base.

sounds like a good place to get tuned. doesnt even know one truck is 2wd not awd, and doesnt even know what a lq4 or lq9 difference is.

anyways sounds like cool dealership

I am pretty sure he would hire someone to tune. To tell you the truth I don't think anyone dyno tunes in Columbia. I know when ATS performance was open they had a dyno and I think CPR has a dyno, but doesn't do fuel injection tunes from what I heard.