Tuning Section Warning

detjoe

I want to start spending more time tuning. I want to start by saying use this infomation at your own risk. If you dont know what we are talking about;

1. Ask a question

2. DONT FLASH YOUR PCM untill you feel comfortable

3. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP back up your good tunes, base tunes to a safe location.

work in porgress

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

I want to start spending more time tuning. I want to start by saying use this infomation at your own risk. If you dont know what we are talking about;

1. Ask a question

2. DONT FLASH YOUR PCM untill you feel comfortable

3. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP back up your good tunes, base tunes to a safe location.

work in porgress

THis is very important and don't just back them up to one place, use different medias. My previous laptop blew up on me and took with it all of my most recent tunes. It was a good thing I had backed up all of the base/stock tunes to a portable harddrive.

Also make sure that both the trucks battery and the laptops battery are both in good standing and sufficient charge. I had my GMC give me hell just because the key was in the ignition and in the on position/engine off while I made a few changes. (battery was dying on it)

• 2 years later...

Here is something more to add..

When you are doing a OS swap to run a 4l80 or any other reason, make sure that the OS you will be using will be compatible with your truck. This is especially true for the 06 trucks since the TAC module changed in 06.

Also make sure that both the trucks battery and the laptops battery are both in good standing and sufficient charge. I had my GMC give me hell just because the key was in the ignition and in the on position/engine off while I made a few changes. (battery was dying on it)

In addition, never flash your tune with the laptop plugged into (charging from) the power port on your truck using a power inverter. This has been confirmed to fry some PCM's using HPT.

• 1 year later...

In addition, never flash your tune with the laptop plugged into (charging from) the power port on your truck using a power inverter. This has been confirmed to fry some PCM's using HPT.

It can also fry the hpt/Efilive interface. However, Efilive has released the IGo charger as a safe power source. I have one and works great.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk