My Spare Cover

1 Fast SS

Just like it says, I'm getting ready for another set of covers, so I figured I'd better touch up my skills. It's just my spare cover to play around with. It's not cleared yet, and it will glow much more when done.

Terry

DSC03456.jpg

DSC03459.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03462.jpg

GD that us nice. I just got done with my top cover. I sanded down the Vortec emblem and Cut out SS where it was, then bondoed the top ribs and sanded the whole cover smooth. Painted it Blue to match the truck but want to get real flames in blue on it when my buddy does my hood.

I love your work though.

post-17939-1269836833_thumb.jpg

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Looks good man. That's what I plan on doing with mine, but just been to lazy to do it. When sanding out the V-Max, did it go all the way thru? I haven't taken the insulation off the back yet to look. I've heard that the ribs are enclosed with metal too, is that true? Just need to know what I'm up against.

Terry

It wasn't to bad to sand down the emblem. IT never went through. If you look on the back side of the cover you can tell that that spot is a little thinner on the top but not to much. As for the ribs I never got to metal if there is any there.