So,anyone Else Trying To Keep Their Sss Close To Stock Appearing?

I admit ,i love to see y'alls custom SSS's. But i am trying to keep mine somewhat close to stock appearing with a few performance upgrades that i can return to stock very easily. Yes i would love to Boost and paint mine,but i can't right now. I see where the general consensus is go for it,they won't be that valuable anyway. Looking 20 years down the road,does anyone see these as anything like the El Camino SS' s or the Chevelle SS's of the 60's and 70's? I doubt it,but it's fun to wonder about it.

ya i tried to keep mine pretty stock they shoulda of lowered it and put 22" ss rims and a blower on it from the factory in my opinion i got two of three so not bad and still have all my stock parts if it ever needs to go back

all I have left that isn't stock is my interior, chassis, and fuel system, but that prob won't last long :ninja:

I honestly don't see these trucks 40 years from now going for 200k being low miles and all original, and I have a compulsive modding disorder :jester:

The SSR seems to retain a lot better value than these trucks. Maybe in 30 or 40 years those "things" will be worth a decent amount :dunno:

I'm trying to keep mine as stock as possible right now, but I wouldn't mind doing drive-train upgrades. In my opinion these trucks will go back up in value in the future, and possible become like old 69' camaro ss's. My dad sold his 69 camaro z28 for $6500 in the 80's in perfect shape, look at those now there worth tons!!!

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

I am trying to keep mine looking stock on the outside. Ride height, wheels, color, exhaust tip, grill, etc. I did some custom touches to the engine and engine bay, interior lights, and my cam that has to be installed yet is on a 116 lsa so it sounds stockish. I will have my cowl hood I fabbed up on it at one point, but only in the summer.

I admit ,i love to see y'alls custom SSS's. But i am trying to keep mine somewhat close to stock appearing with a few performance upgrades that i can return to stock very easily. Yes i would love to Boost and paint mine,but i can't right now. I see where the general consensus is go for it,they won't be that valuable anyway. Looking 20 years down the road,does anyone see these as anything like the El Camino SS' s or the Chevelle SS's of the 60's and 70's? I doubt it,but it's fun to wonder about it.

Its hard to say if the SSS will ever be worth much in the future, like muscle cars of the 60/70's are to us now.... different era, different vehicles, different culture. I'd like to think that someday the cars of 'our generation' will be worth something, but with the amount being produced and the general publics lack of concern about performance vehicles I highly doubt they will be.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

I'm trying to keep my truck looking stock - like GM could have made them.

As far as a a future collectable - I think they'll be comparable to a late 80's El Camino SS.

There are some similarities: limited production and built outside of GM, among others.

Rons%201987%20El%20Camino%20SS.jpg