2010 Camaro Brembo And Gmt9000 14 Inch Rotors

I'm new to this so please don't roast me. 2010 Camaro 4 pot brembos are cheap and plentiful now. 6 pot front upgrades are also somewhat reasonable for the new Camaro. I had a 2007 NBS Silverado and was very happy that GM had finally fixed their brake issues. My 2003 new to me 15,000 mile SS Silverado stops good now but is spongy. Will the combo of 2010 Camaro brembo and GMT900 14 inch rotors work? Has anyone tried this combo for budget upgrade? What do ya think?

Edited by mudcruiserman (see edit history)

I can asure you it will not a bolt on so to speak. Just do the front upgrade from a 06' SSS. New bigger piston calipers and rotors and it will be a big improvement. Also now that you are there might as well do SS lines as well. Good luck!

I can asure you it will not a bolt on so to speak. Just do the front upgrade from a 06' SSS. New bigger piston calipers and rotors and it will be a big improvement. Also now that you are there might as well do SS lines as well. Good luck!

what do you need to get to have the 06 SSS upgrade?

http://www.pbr.com.au/products/original/brakecalipers.shtml

http://www.brembo.com/US/Performance/GranturismoCatalogue/

do some searching and find the rotor width...it will only work if the caliper fits over the rotor we have, if you start changing the rotors your budget will be gone.

Rotors (13"); PBR 2 cailpers, the AWD ss has the PBR 1 calipers; caliper bracket and while you are there, SS lines and new pads specific to the RWD ss

chpspecial, You seem to know about this please clarify a few questions. Thanks

1)Do you need a special caliper bracket to upgrade to 06 rotors and calipers?

2)Or do you just need the bracket that is a factory part that goes with the 06 calipers(junkyard item)?

3)If you buy a caliper at NAPA would it come with the bracket?

4)Would the PBR parts signficantly better than parts store OEM spec parts?

chpspecial, You seem to know about this please clarify a few questions. Thanks

1)Do you need a special caliper bracket to upgrade to 06 rotors and calipers? Just the stock 05+RWD front caliper bracket

2)Or do you just need the bracket that is a factory part that goes with the 06 calipers(junkyard item)? Yes

3)If you buy a caliper at NAPA would it come with the bracket? I'm sure they can get it but I don't know what will be their price

4)Would the PBR parts signficantly better than parts store OEM spec parts? PBR is factory equipment, i.e. OEM... I don't know who makes the NAPA calipers. But they would work for an inexpensive break upgrade.

Does any one happen to have the part numbers? (Rotors, caliper, bracket)

I called the dealer and they claim to need a VIN number from an 06 before they can look up the parts...

Napa sells the OEM rebuilt calipers with the brackets (to bolt to the spindles) for 62 bucks each. They looked it up as the 6400 GVW vs the 7200 GVW which is the 1500hd.

Anyway the also crossed the Front rubber brake lines for the 03 AWD SS to the 06 calipers and it calls for the same part#/line.

I did this so I know the stainless braided 5 piece line set from Russell or Earls will work with either caliper.

Will post part #s for the braided lines when I figure that out.

Dont forget they charge you a core charge too....

So I found drilled rotors and ceramic pads on ebay for: 125.00 shipped

Calipers with brackets @Napa for: 130.00 with tax plus core charges

Russell# 672430 5 piece stainless braided line set for: 150.38 shipped from Summit/ebay

Low budget brake upgrade now going to cost: Total: 405.38 plus caliper core charge

The junkyard calipers, brackets and rotors for 120 plus new line for 150 are sounding good.

$270 plus pads and resurfacing vs $405 plus core charges

approximately $325 some used parts $450 for all new