Lowering Question?

jasmien2008

I had the sss lowerd today 2/4 looks really good! My question is the front needs to be lower by about 1inch i was told by the shop it would settle in and drop about and inch is this true or do i need to lower the keys some?

Thanks,

Daniel

They already did the alignment they said come back in 2weeks once it has settled and they'll align it again they dont no what there talking about i guess! So theres no way it drop or settle like they said with out the keys being turned? About how many turns should i go?

My truck never settled after the drop..there is not a reason for it to. I turned both bolts all the way til they were loose and tightened them back up a few turns in measuring from the ground to the fender to make sure it was even. I'm not sure how many turns will give it one inch exactly though.

I had the sss lowerd today 2/4 looks really good! My question is the front needs to be lower by about 1inch i was told by the shop it would settle in and drop about and inch is this true or do i need to lower the keys some?

Thanks,

Daniel

What kit or parts did you buy,I plan on doing the same type of drop.....thx

What kit or parts did you buy,I plan on doing the same type of drop.....thx

I added the mcgaughys hangers to the rear already had shackles and mcgaughys spindles up frnt. I also put belltech nitro 2 drop shocks in the rear. Looks and does ride a lot better.... :cheers:

Spindles #33004

Hangers #33035

Edited by silvSS03 (see edit history)

:cheers:

So i turned the keys to level out the front but i noticed the driver side rear was a tad bit lower then the others is that normal? I put a tape measure up to all wheel wells and its a little over 32inch's does that seem were it should be? Where does your drop measure at?

Thanks

Edited by silvSS03 (see edit history)

I added the mcgaughys hangers to the rear already had shackles and mcgaughys spindles up frnt. I also put belltech nitro 2 drop shocks in the rear. Looks and does ride a lot better.... :cheers:

Spindles #33004

Hangers #33035

Thanks.....any pics of the truck????

So i turned the keys to level out the front but i noticed the driver side rear was a tad bit lower then the others is that normal? I put a tape measure up to all wheel wells and its a little over 32inch's does that seem were it should be? Where does your drop measure at?

Thanks

It may vary a bit depending on how much fuel is in the tank at the time. Mine actually measures in around 31 1/4" with a 305/40/22 tire but I turned my keys all the way down too.