Hemis

bigreds10

i was driving home on the 15 last night and this brand new hemi came up next to me and was speeding up and slowing down. trying to get me to race. then finally i agreed. and damn those ****ers are slow. i started pulling on him right away. he had the 5.7 HEMI, i have the 6.0 LQ9 vortecMAX motor. my truck is lifted with 33" tires his was stock. im just astonished mine beat it so easy it was pathetic.

i was driving home on the 15 last night and this brand new hemi came up next to me and was speeding up and slowing down. trying to get me to race. then finally i agreed. and damn those ****ers are slow. i started pulling on him right away. he had the 5.7 HEMI, i have the 6.0 LQ9 vortecMAX motor. my truck is lifted with 33" tires his was stock. im just astonished mine beat it so easy it was pathetic.

havent got one yet

yah i had a kick out of it. i dont have any TM on my truck but my top end sucks. :( wonderful 4.10s.

i would say your bottom end sucks, the 4.10s are great for getting these heavy trucks up to speed and for pulling their wind resistance. Put lower gears in and i bet your top end speed would go down due to not being able to overcome the forces applied to your truck at high MPH or your time to that top speed would increase. Your 33" tire is also killing you in weight and in gear ratio. But yeah they do look good.

The hemi's are no F150, the quad cabs have no chance on the lq9 stock for stock but the reg cabs will give any stock ss a run for their money. But any race is fun race, i enjoy the civics myself.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i would say your bottom end sucks, the 4.10s are great for getting these heavy trucks up to speed and for pulling their wind resistance. Put lower gears in and i bet your top end speed would go down due to not being able to overcome the forces applied to your truck at high MPH or your time to that top speed would increase. Your 33" tire is also killing you in weight and in gear ratio. But yeah they do look good.

The hemi's are no F150, the quad cabs have no chance on the lq9 stock for stock but the reg cabs will give any stock ss a run for their money. But any race is fun race, i enjoy the civics myself.

ive had a couple civics for dinner they dont expect a big truck to keep up but when i spin and chirp tires like them they. give me a second look. then they eat me ass end. but they always get me at freeway speeds. i top out at 98 :( havent had it removed yet. i bought my truck with TM removed nothing else done.

you think that's bad.... wait till you see a Rumble Bee take on an L.... :idiot: ; it gets ugly on the freeway in about 1.5 seconds!!

SS's have a 98 mph governer??? that SUX!

L's are 147 mph stock via guiness book of record testing....stock! :)

Still a KILL!!!! :pimp:

you think that's bad.... wait till you see a Rumble Bee take on an L.... :idiot: ; it gets ugly on the freeway in about 1.5 seconds!!

SS's have a 98 mph governer??? that SUX!

L's are 147 mph stock via guiness book of record testing....stock! :)

Still a KILL!!!! :pimp:

nah he doesnt have an SS, my ss has i believe a 108 governor in it

I was always told our trucks came from the factory governed at 105. I hit my governor somewhere around there before I got a tune, and now i can max out my speedo :D

nah he doesnt have an SS, my ss has i believe a 108 governor in it

ive had a couple civics for dinner they dont expect a big truck to keep up but when i spin and chirp tires like them they. give me a second look. then they eat me ass end. but they always get me at freeway speeds. i top out at 98 :( havent had it removed yet. i bought my truck with TM removed nothing else done.

If you think topping out at 98mph is bad, my truck would top out at 92mph when it was on a stock tune.

Edited by VMax6.0 (see edit history)

yah i dont have the SS :( wish i did. i have the vortecMAX. mine tops out at 98mph. for now it does when i get a actual PCM tune its getting removed. but im waiting to get a intake, and headers before i get one.

yah i had a kick out of it. i dont have any TM on my truck but my top end sucks. :( wonderful 4.10s.

I just do not understand why people blame gearing for lack of topend when gears are far from whats holding you back. When I switched from 3.73's to 4.10's I gained 2 MPH more in the 1/4 mile so that means I gained more top speed MPH.