Is The Sss Frame Different Than A 4x4 1500hd?

gearhead6s

i know the axels on the 1500hd are 8 lug......not 100% but i think its a 2500hd chassis with a 1500 body

umm so r u implying that the 2500hd is not 8 lug?

to answer question i think its just a standard 1500 chassis with a standard 1500 body with a factory body kit and a cady motor(the lq9 high compression 6.0L). as far as i know the only SSS only parts are the t-case, "body kit", wheels, exhaust, and a few pieces inside the cab. i heard somewhere the SSS was built off of the silverado LTZ at least for the 03-04 years later years might be different.

yeah the 2500hd had 8 lug...lol the 1500hd and 2500hd all come with the 6.0l motor option but the 6.0l in the 1500hd was the only option

i knwo the transfer cases from the sss and hd's r the same but the trannys in the ss r a 4l65e and the hd's are a 4l80e

Edited by got vortec (see edit history)

yeah the 2500hd had 8 lug...lol the 1500hd and 2500hd all come with the 6.0l motor option but the 6.0l in the 1500hd was the only option

i knwo the transfer cases from the sss and hd's r the same but the trannys in the ss r a 4l65e and the hd's are a 4l80e

actually the x-fer case is completely different . one is 4wd and one is all time awd. they have a different torque split as well.

the frame im not sure on but it would be a good starting point on a big ss build as it has all the right stuff. 9.2 front end , 10.5 rear and 80e.

just need to convert to 6 lug.