Addicted To Modding

04CHASE

The gas bill on that boat for an afternoon is more than more than some people make in a week. Badass none the less. My boat does 75mph and I love it. going 75 on the water is like 120 on the road.

I couldnt agree more about having that need for speed. I know that when I sell the SS that I will miss it. Thats why I'm looking at the SRT4's. At least I can have a car that can trap in the 110 range with just the stage 1 kit. I was going to get a DD with no power, but even if I got another LSx project, I wont always be driving it. Speed is addictive. It is our competitive nature. Even if I lose, I still enjoy a good race.

The gas bill on that boat for an afternoon is more than more than some people make in a week. Badass none the less. My boat does 75mph and I love it. going 75 on the water is like 120 on the road.

I couldnt agree more about having that need for speed. I know that when I sell the SS that I will miss it. Thats why I'm looking at the SRT4's. At least I can have a car that can trap in the 110 range with just the stage 1 kit. I was going to get a DD with no power, but even if I got another LSx project, I wont always be driving it. Speed is addictive. It is our competitive nature. Even if I lose, I still enjoy a good race.

you should look at the colbaltSS too...factory turbo.

I did Joe. Its too small for my taste. The seats are uncomfortable for me. Also, I cant be the versatility of the hatch on the caliber. I know the SS/TC is quicker from the factory, but its just not that practical and finding a 4door is hard as well. Also, I see cobalt SS's everyday whether its the SC or TC version. I never see SRT4 calibers. Super rare. Matter of fact, there are only about half a dozen for sale in southeast michigan right now and I think its just time for something different. There seem to be zero issues with the SRT4's with mild mods also, no blown engines, no breaking trans, no failed differentials, etc. I've heard there are issues with the cobalts not holding up well. Maybe I was misinformed, I dont know. I still might just end up witha Saab 9-3 or Envoy too, but I'm leaning towards the SRT4. They suck out of the hole. Hell, even the 11sec SRT4's only cut a 1.9 60ft, but top end is just sick on them. I'll miss the AWD hole shots of the SS.

I have spent so much money on my truck and been through so much to get it where it is at. Good shops, shitty shops, waiting for parts to arrive, waiting for the motor to be built, crappy tuners, blown engine. I think it is definetly an addiction. It's never enough. I looked at my truck the other day and said out loud I think I am done. I am sure something will come up that I just have to have. It never ends. It makes me happy though and WTF do we work for if we can't have some toys.

Don't get rid of your truck chase. That thing is so sick... :chevy:

I have spent so much money on my truck and been through so much to get it where it is at. Good shops, shitty shops, waiting for parts to arrive, waiting for the motor to be built, crappy tuners, blown engine. I think it is definetly an addiction. It's never enough. I looked at my truck the other day and said out loud I think I am done. I am sure something will come up that I just have to have. It never ends. It makes me happy though and WTF do we work for if we can't have some toys.

Don't get rid of your truck chase. That thing is so sick... :chevy:

wrong you'll never be done :devil: the only way you'll be done is if you get rid of the sss....the only thing i would trade the sss for is a zr1 and thats it :chevy:

time will tell but i was looking at boats yesterday and i now have a long term goal , in a year or so i am buying an eliminator . they are very expensive but will hold value , be tons of fun in the summer and just look bad ass .

i want something 28-30 ft , cat , dual big blocks . its going to cost but its a good long term goal . so i have to get on the saving train again for the next year or so .

also for shits and giggles took out a 2010 camaro SS with a 6 speed manual today . gotta say wasnt impressed . my camaro would have walked it pretty easily. i couldnt even get it sideways with the tcs off. nice car but definatly needs mods the first day.

sand rails , maybe one day but a boat is first . everyone i know that has a rail has spent a fortune fixing them

this is my goal

32679_1.jpg

this one has 2 496 h.o. mag motors. will do a bit over 100 mph and into 120 mph with blowers. but this one is over 6 digits. gotta dream , dream big .

A buddy of mine has a smaller version of that boat, and a different paint scheme with a built blown 509. Its for sale, very nice boat. Triple digits all day long.

Here it is..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/27...-o33017-en.html