Orange County Transmission?

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Orange county Transmissions for built transmissions?

I Am looking to get on with modding but the trans in the tbss are weak for the power they put down and the weight that they have to move. Too many mods and they break. And I cant even risk it with the tbss being my daily driver.

Orange county transmissions is within walking distance of my house. Any info would help!!!. Or even if you know other trans builders for the 4L70e. I just dont want to drop 4000+ into a transmission for this beast

www.octrans.net

Edited by Chadoo951 (see edit history)

Dave at OC Transmission just rebuilt my SS's transmission last month. He does great work, lots of good word of mouth out there about his shop. Dave knows his stuff for these trucks and what the good mods are. I was not the first SS he has worked on. I went for a bit higher stall speed on the torque converter, which does seem to make is a bit quicker, with a slight loss of manners when doing easy going driving. I am sure my rebuilt transmission will last a long time even with the supercharger.

Back in February, I had him build a 700r4 transmission for my 64 Impala, which broke due to some engine trouble I was having (engine would not idle, and I was trying to get it home, and must have popped it into gear at too high an RPM -1,500 or so, and broke the input shaft. He stood behind it and fixed it, even though it would have been easy to say it was my fault that it broke due to abuse because of the engine issue.

:thumbsup:

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

angry greg used a guy in long beach and has a good warranty, i plan on usin this guy,maybe we can get a deal if they do both of our trannys :dunno: when u planning on doin this

Dude. Thats exactly what I am trying to do with another local tbss owner. If three of us got our trans done at the same time. I am sure that we could get some kick ass deals!!! I just have to save some money and then I am set.

theres also

rpm transmissions

flt transmissions

i Know, they are super popular with our trucks. But in just my opinnion they charge too much and they are a pretty big pain in the butt. You have to ship out your trans. And say if anything where to go wrong. Not saying that there would be something to go wrong. But the transmissions are assembled by humans.... You would have to drop your trans in your truck, ship it out to them, wait a week, and then you get it back praying the same thing doesnt happen again. And if you use your truck as a daily driver, that would just suck. That is the only reason I havnt went with one of them.

:withstupid: chpspecials brother built my trans and im very happy with it so far.its been running for over a year with no issues what so ever and his prices are very FAIR!!!!! HIT HIM UP HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU......

I sent him a PM! I want to get this heavy modding started! :driving:

• 1 month later...