Baer Brakes

sswolfpac

does any one here know if baer brakes are on back order, the place im going to use to do my headers and sways does brakes, so i need a brake upgrade but brembos are to much, the sales guy says baer brakes are good and cost less, 2 weeks now and i still havent got confirmation on my baer brake system, i guess my question is what else is good for our truck, i like brembo but price is high is there anything out that that is good but not cost to much,thanks guys

I have never seen the SSBC brake kits for our trucks, they look nice....... I would want drilled and slotted rotors though, they look better. As for the Wilwoods, they should be the best because they are crazy expensive even compared to the Baer kits.

look at the price of the gt brembo kit . last i checked retail was near 8k for all four corners. the only advantage i can see them having is being 8 piston . the brembo brakes are also only cross drilled not slotted. from my experience the cheaper made rotors have problems cracking on the cross drilled portion but that was a while back and im pretty sure the maker has resolved that issue.

look at the price of the gt brembo kit . last i checked retail was near 8k for all four corners. the only advantage i can see them having is being 8 piston . the brembo brakes are also only cross drilled not slotted. from my experience the cheaper made rotors have problems cracking on the cross drilled portion but that was a while back and im pretty sure the maker has resolved that issue.

The BMW M series cars are drilled only and have never cracked. The Brembo rottors that are drilled do not crack either. To me hands down best brakes out there are Brembo and Stoptech.

The BMW M series cars are drilled only and have never cracked. The Brembo rottors that are drilled do not crack either. To me hands down best brakes out there are Brembo and Stoptech.
you cant compare a bmw not the same trying to stop a 2k-3k pound car vs a 5k pound truck.put those drilled only bmw rotor on my truck and i guarantee you i will crack those bitches in half :jester: not a very good comparison put good try tho arturo cerote duro :lol:

im getting only slotted rotors from now on :uhoh:

you cant compare a bmw not the same trying to stop a 2k-3k pound car vs a 5k pound truck.put those drilled only bmw rotor on my truck and i guarantee you i will crack those bitches in half :jester: not a very good comparison put good try tho arturo cerote duro :lol:

im getting only slotted rotors from now on :uhoh:

No they won't crack. When the rotors are properly engineered to withstand friction they will not crack. The BMW X6 M is a SUV weighing 5400 Lbs and 555hp/500lbs.tq and it has drilled rotors too and they have not cracked either. :P

No they won't crack. When the rotors are properly engineered to withstand friction they will not crack. The BMW X6 M is a SUV weighing 5400 Lbs and 555hp/500lbs.tq and it has drilled rotors too and they have not cracked either. :P

o shit bring AMBERLAMPS!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Why dont you just do the 15" 6 pot z06 brakes. They are for sure what you would call a budget big brake kit and work pretty well. Also, you wont have to worry about rotors cracking unless you got the the track a lot and I dont mean the drag strip.