Electircal Problems

My alarm is the crime-stopper II with remote start and auto driver window roll-up. The in-dash is a Pioneer avh-p4000 i also have two 10" subs with a 750w amp and three additional screen..two in the headrest and one at the bottom of the dash near the center console. As far as waiting for the BCM to rest i would hook up the meter and wait for it to go down because it would be over 1 amp at first, i would usually wait a few minute or maybe a bit more. I'm not sure how long it takes for the BCM to go to sleep. How do i check the deck interface adaptor....with the draw test and unplug it? I will borrow a better meter also....is that so i can get more accurate readings? Thanks for your help.

To check the interface adapter, check the draw, then pull the deck out and unplug the deck from the interface harness, check the draw. then unplug the interface from the truck harness, check draw. That should give you an idea of what everything is pulling.

You should only lose 1 or 2ma pulling out the deck, they don't draw much juice. thats why you said when you pulled the radio fuse you lost 50ma so that's why I 'm betting on the adapter.

Ya a better multimeter will be accurate within 1ma. It'll have amps and millamps, and autoranging is nice too, that way there's no guessing.

When I do current draw tests at work, I make them leave the vehicle for a day or two just cause I like to leave them sit just to make sure they go to sleep. I've seen some vehicles take 30min.

So i did a more accurate draw test and pulled the deck( it went down one mA) and then i pulled the interface harness and the draw went all the way down to 12mA. I'm going to go and get another interface harness tomorrow.....is there a certain type or a better brand that i should get? And thanks for all of yall's help i'm glad to finally figure out the problem.

So i did a more accurate draw test and pulled the deck( it went down one mA) and then i pulled the interface harness and the draw went all the way down to 12mA. I'm going to go and get another interface harness tomorrow.....is there a certain type or a better brand that i should get? And thanks for all of yall's help i'm glad to finally figure out the problem.

Sweet, I'm glad you figured it out... and I feel pretty good about myself for guessing the problem. pepsicheer.gif

I use pretty much only metra harnesses(gmos-04) and haven't had to change very many, maybe one or two. Can't comment on the other ones.

What kind of adapter do you have in there?

• 9 months later...

Took the truck in today and the guy there told me that there was nothing they could do. He said that all vehicles when parked would draw on the battery eventually causing it to drain especially since i have a system and an aftermarket alarm. I told him how long the battery was lasting and he said to buy a new battery and a battery tender or i could take out my alarm and stereo system. I still think it should last longer than five days, so i disconnected the alarm and i'ma do a draw test tommorow. I don't have any lights out or anything like that. I have a feeling its the alarm system, i have a crimestopper informer II. Also my gauges have been messing up, they will just go dead and then the next day they will work. Could that have anything to do with it?

Sounds like a separate issue with the gauge cluster. I've had alot of customers with the same issue with the cluster turning on and off.

ummm this is a year old. this guy is digging up OLD postsconfused.gif

hey sick sorry, i dont mean to cause trouble there are alot of battery drain posts with no answers and i was wanting to see if any of these guys ever got their problem fixed.

I figure most of them fixed it and never updated.

maybe there was a better way of going about it.

• 1 month later...

my truck is doing the same thing, but i think it is the steering wheel buttons, when i pulled the bottom left button out to have my led swap done the wires came out of the harness and i cant find a diagram to see where which wire goes into the harness, so im pretty sure thats it, if neone has an idea on the placement of the wire could let me know thanx..