Cooper Tires - (Now Installed 06/24/2010)

Stitches040

Hey All ...

I am in need of some new Tires ...

That being said, I am running my stock rims and tires right now (6 years later .. lol). The tires sucked from the factory, but they have been ok for now. I am looking into a good all around tire. I am not going to get a Super-Performance tire as of yet, unless I get a new set of 22" rims.

So, when we were all at the Black Bear Performance Tune weekend here in Massachusetts. I noticed Jesse (Sick03) had some Cooper Discoverer HT Plus. Really looked like a nice all season tire. Jesse swore by them as great all year tire.

So that is what I am leaning towards. But just seeing if anyone else has had any experience with Cooper Tires before, and if so, what were your Pros and Cons with them?

Cooper Tire - Homepage Link

banner-4913-QCuRqn8AAAEAAGTcC7M.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Shaun, I run Cooper Zeon XST's in 305/50/20. (I don't think they offer this size anymore) This is only my second summer running them but so far I like them.

American made tire, by an American owned company.

I think that they do make them in the stock size delay18 had a set.. With that being said I would get the 305 50 20 shaun you won't be disappointed..

Cool ... Thanks Guys ...

Like I said ... Jesse was really happy with them, especially driving them in the winter. (Not that my Mistress will see snow ... LOL)

My tire guy quoted me $680.00 for four, installed .... :thumbs: .... Not bad, as that is still really cheap for tires.

Now Jesse ... Why would I want the bigger size tire? I figure I'd run the stock tire size as the Speedo would not be out of wack, and keep me out of trouble ... :crackup:

Cool ... Thanks Guys ...

Like I said ... Jesse was really happy with them, especially driving them in the winter. (Not that my Mistress will see snow ... LOL)

My tire guy quoted me $680.00 for four, installed .... :thumbs: .... Not bad, as that is still really cheap for tires.

Now Jesse ... Why would I want the bigger size tire? I figure I'd run the stock tire size as the Speedo would not be out of wack, and keep me out of trouble ... :crackup:

Shuan... 305/50-20 is almost exactly the same overall diameter as our stock tire. No effect on the speedo. I just put new wheels (9.5 in. width) and that size tire (General Grabber UHP) on my truck. I love the agressive stance it gives.

post-9798-127203247505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Also that larger/wider size 305/50-20 will give you rim protection, on stock wheels, from curbs when you let the ol'lady drive it. I'm scared to let her drive mine as my 17k 03 SSS has no curbage/rash yet.

Edited by mudcruiserman (see edit history)

Cool ... Thanks Guys ...

My tire guy quoted me $680.00 for four, installed .... thumb.gif .... Not bad, as that is still really cheap for tires.

Now Jesse ... Why would I want the bigger size tire? I figure I'd run the stock tire size as the Speedo would not be out of wack, and keep me out of trouble ... crackup.gif

No difference in speed!!! I think they fill out the wheel wells better!!!

U stay out of trouble whos going to catch you.?????

I was on my way to Florida for Thanksgiving, and had a weird failure of my LF stock original tire inn Troy AL. So, having awd, I got to buy a set of 4. Had a choice of the stock Goodyears, or the Cooper Discoverers. I got the Coopers, have almost 10000 miles on them. I admit to liking them, though I would have ordinarily bought something else, more expensive, higher performance etc. But the Coopers meet my needs just fine.

• 1 month later...