A/C / Heater Fan

I am having an issue with my A/C fan control speeds. I try to change the speed of the fan but it either does not respond right away (could take a few minutes) or does not respond at all. In fact, I even turned my truck off today, pulled the key and opened the door and the fan just kept running. I disconnected the battery for about an hour trying to reset the computers but it still does not respond. I just bought a new A/C contoller and it did not fix the problem. Is there something else that could be causing this? Anyone with any ideas would help greatly. Thanks

Cody

im not totally sure but i believe theres a little black box with a wiring harness attached to it that runs the fan speed and they sometimes fry out, i remember changin it on a 04 2500, so im not sure if its on are trucks to but worth a look

I figured it was some kind of module, you wouldn't happen to still have a part number for it would you? Thank you for the reponses, I will now have to look into it...hopefully it not too expensive. Thaks again. :thumbs:

Edited by 56chevywagon (see edit history)

I figured it was some kind of module, you wouldn't happen to still have a part number for it would you? Thank you for the reponses, I will now have to look into it...hopefully it not too expensive. Thaks again. :thumbs:

I'll look for it when I get home.....if I recall it was around $100. :uhoh: The good thing is that the module is not very hard to change.

Cody,

Find an AC-Delco distributor in your area. Should be able to buy it for around $70-75.

89018778/ 15-80567 is what you need as per Dan.

Look here local Delco retailers:

Delco Distributors Phoenix

Some are shops others are parts houses. You should be able to buy it from a parts house for around the price I listed above.

OK, another question. I now have the resistor on the way but I don't know where it's located...Does anyone know the location? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cody

If you look under the passenger side dashboard, there is a black kickpanel running from the console to the door, held in with two small bolts facing the floor(I do not remember what size). The resistor is right on the other side of that, and is held in by two bolts(again, I do not remember what size).