Anyone Have This

ive made up my mind, a cam is gonna be the next mod, however i dont know much except what ive read on them i was lookin at thunder racings "TR 220-112" i believe the specs are 220/220 .551/.551 112lsa....is anyone running this cam? if so can u post a sound clip and also do i need to do any supporting mods any input is greatly appreciated, also this is a dd not too worried on ca smog and i have occaisional light loads and tranny is stock

My cam is 222/222 .600/.600 114 or 116 lsa can't remember. Mine is a TR billet custom grind with quick lift. I't doesn't sound to have much lope at all but it has huge power and at idle you can tell it is there.

My cam is 222/222 .600/.600 114 or 116 lsa can't remember. Mine is a TR billet custom grind with quick lift. I't doesn't sound to have much lope at all but it has huge power and at idle you can tell it is there.

did u have to do any supporting mods

thanks....will i have to do anythig other than just the cam do u know?

Yes you will. It is a good idea to replace valve springs and pushrods while doing a cam swap. That cam isnt too radical, but with more lift than stock its always a good idea to get stronger springs and hardened pushrods. Cheap insurance. You will also need a front end gasket kit, I.E water pump gaskets, timing cover gasket, and front crank seal. Not sure how many miles ur unit is pushing. Mine only had 30k on the clock when I did my cam swap which I could of re-used the gaskets but might as well change them while ur there.

Have you thought about a converter to match that cam? If you havnt it would be a good idea to get the most out of the new powerband from the cam. These trucks are heavy and takes getting in the RPM sweet spot to really get them moving. A converter swap should be considered either way cam or not. Bigger injectors is also something to consider. Changing power band with a cam you will be able to rev alittle higher which u will need more fuel to do so. I would check the duty cycle of your injectors after the cam swap and tune then go from there.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Yes you will. It is a good idea to replace valve springs and pushrods while doing a cam swap. That cam isnt too radical, but with more lift than stock its always a good idea to get stronger springs and hardened pushrods. Cheap insurance. You will also need a front end gasket kit, I.E water pump gaskets, timing cover gasket, and front crank seal. Not sure how many miles ur unit is pushing. Mine only had 30k on the clock when I did my cam swap which I could of re-used the gaskets but might as well change them while ur there.

Have you thought about a converter to match that cam? If you havnt it would be a good idea to get the most out of the new powerband from the cam. These trucks are heavy and takes getting in the RPM sweet spot to really get them moving. A converter swap should be considered either way cam or not. Bigger injectors is also something to consider. Changing power band with a cam you will be able to rev alittle higher which u will need more fuel to do so. I would check the duty cycle of your injectors after the cam swap and tune then go from there.

thanks man i am showin 25000 on the clock.....i just didnt know if i needed to do anything else, thanks.....as far as a converter im savin to get the tranny rebuilt so i will decide on one then......but for now i just wanna do a minor cam just for a little more fun

thanks man i am showin 25000 on the clock.....i just didnt know if i needed to do anything else, thanks.....as far as a converter im savin to get the tranny rebuilt so i will decide on one then......but for now i just wanna do a minor cam just for a little more fun

oh wow, low miles. My opinion, I would save and collect parts and do it all at once. Install new tranny, converter, and trans cooler. Than swap cams and tune.