Blackstone Oil Report

evandostert

I tested my oil last week to check out the internal condition of my engine. I must be the only one here on bitog forums. I can now understand why some guys are getting such high mileage out of these trucks. 3,500 miles and the oil looked like new still. No shearing of the oil means excellent lubrication without excess wear on things like bearings.

I read it every so often, lot of good info there. I have a oil sample sitting waiting to be sent to Blackstone for analysis. I use the OLS for my oil change intervals which equals about 1 change a year. What oil are you using?

you go 7K!

i do mine every 3000 miles with M1 and M1 filter....

:driving:

sure do... when i was living back east, i was changing about 3500 mi per the OLS. stop and go, NYC traffic, work was only 2.3 mi. round trip. but since i moved here, the OLS @ 10% is right about 7000 mi. round trip for work was 80 mi.per day, 6 days a week with only 2 stop signs the rest was 55-60 mph. even looking at the oil before changing still looked good. i found that changing every 3K was a waste of money, and i would be changing my oil every month, :crazy:

:seeya: