lol not gonna happen just lost 3rd in mine for the 3rd time from a very reputable trans builder, so i have an 80e on the way

wasnt plannin on doin this but this is what i was told and he said he will guarantee it for a year

wasnt plannin on doin this but this is what i was told and he said he will guarantee it for a year

Make sure you get that guaranty in writing, not even the reputable builders here have that kind of guaranty on a 60e,

also, are they guarantying it on a 1500lb car or a 5000lb truck, that is also a big difference in what the trans can handle.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

A 4l65e should do the job just fine IMO! The 65 is a little stronger then the 60e & plus it's got a shorter first gear helping it out on the lauch!

negative... the 4l60, 4l65, and 4l70 are basically the same trans minus a few internal parts like 4 gear planetary for the 60 vs. 5 for the 65 and 70 as well as a few other hardend parts. they all have the same gearing and clutch packs. the 65 does not have lower gearing than the 60. Once built the 4l6X has the same breaking point in out truck of around 700tq give or take some TQ depending on how it is built, tune, and driving habbits. the 4l80/85 has higher gearing (numerically lower) vs the 4l6x trans.

im not planning on getting anywhere near i just want enough to put a blower on so i dont care if it can or cant be done

Just go wit the 80 if can get a good price on it save u the headacke of breaking down any were and the down time lol I just blew my 60 last sat only wit a lil blower. So I will b looking to do an 80 soon gl