Average Rear Fender Heigth

I was wonder if those of you with a 2/3 drop and 22" wheels would give me your rear fender heigth. As Ive mentioned my rear tires rub with my 2/3 kit and 22" wheels. I talked to Tony "Norcal" and from what Ive told him he says everything is setup right on my install and I dont doubt him in the least. He definately knows his stuff. Also please note if you have a full tank or not when you mesure as that will make it squat a 1/4 or so. Im just trying to figure this out because most people on here and people around me locally seem to think I have a 4 to 5in. drop in the back. I forgot to measure before the drop so im not sure how far it actually did drop. I appreciate you guys helping me out in advance.

Thanx, Chris.

I was wonder if those of you with a 2/3 drop and 22" wheels would give me your rear fender heigth. As Ive mentioned my rear tires rub with my 2/3 kit and 22" wheels. I talked to Tony "Norcal" and from what Ive told him he says everything is setup right on my install and I dont doubt him in the least. He definately knows his stuff. Also please note if you have a full tank or not when you mesure as that will make it squat a 1/4 or so. Im just trying to figure this out because most people on here and people around me locally seem to think I have a 4 to 5in. drop in the back. I forgot to measure before the drop so im not sure how far it actually did drop. I appreciate you guys helping me out in advance.

Thanx, Chris.

Stock tire size is 255 55 20 if im not mistaken correct?

If thats the case a 255 45 22 would be the same size as stock. What is your tire size you have on the truck now?

Tires rubbing can be a issue of being to tall and or offset being off. before anything else can be answered i need to know the tire size on the truck now.

my wheels are 22 x 9.5 and the tiress are the Nitto 420's which are 285/40/22

I was just asking if people with a 2/3 drop and 22' wheels could measure the fender heigth from the ground to get an aveerage Ideal of what it should be. So that way I know that my truck is a n actual 2/3 drop and not a 2/4 or 2/5 like most think that it is right now. I know the leavf springs settled a bit after the installation where the weight had been taken off them during install. So I know that accunts for a bit of it. I think when I measured last the rear sat at 31 something.

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

I was just asking if people with a 2/3 drop and 22' wheels could measure the fender heigth from the ground to get an aveerage Ideal of what it should be. So that way I know that my truck is a n actual 2/3 drop and not a 2/4 or 2/5 like most think that it is right now. I know the leavf springs settled a bit after the installation where the weight had been taken off them during install. So I know that accunts for a bit of it. I think when I measured last the rear sat at 31 something.

275 55 20 to 285 40 22 your tires are about 1 inch taller.

in rear i forgot your just using shackles and hangers correct?

with a 2 inch spindle and 4 inch rear shackle and hanger on a sss the truck should sit pretty much dead even. With a 2/5 drop the rear would be 1-1.25 inches lower than the front.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

I was just asking if people with a 2/3 drop and 22' wheels could measure the fender heigth from the ground to get an aveerage Ideal of what it should be. So that way I know that my truck is a n actual 2/3 drop and not a 2/4 or 2/5 like most think that it is right now. I know the leavf springs settled a bit after the installation where the weight had been taken off them during install.  So I know that accunts for a bit of it.  I think when I measured last the rear sat at 31 something.

I was at a 4" drop but raised it to 3" due to bottoming out easily.

Is the rear done with hangers and shackles or leafs?

I'm at 32.75" at 4 corners atm. (½" torsion drop up front, Crank Down)

I asked via PM other members in the past what they were set at and here's what I got.

32.5" Front - 33" Rear

31.5" Front - 32.75" Rear

31" Front - 31" Rear (adjusted them and ended up with 32.75" Front - 33" Rear) I forget why, perhaps due to rubbing.

That should cover "Avg"

You might have an "Offset Issue" Do you know what your wheel offset is?

Hope this info helped you.

I was at a 4" drop but raised it to 3" due to bottoming out easily.

Is the rear done with hangers and shackles or leafs?

I'm at 32.75" at 4 corners atm. (½" torsion drop up front, Crank Down)

I asked via PM other members in the past what they were set at and here's what I got.

32.5" Front - 33" Rear

31.5" Front - 32.75" Rear

31" Front - 31" Rear (adjusted them and ended up with 32.75" Front - 33" Rear) I forget why, perhaps due to rubbing.

That should cover "Avg"

You might have an "Offset Issue" Do you know what your wheel offset is?

Hope this info helped you.

Thanx for going to the length of doing that for me bro. I apprecaite that. The front is done with 2in spindles and my rear is down with shackles and hangers. Ill measure tom. so see how mine matches to the measurements u posted. Im not sure of the wheels offset off hand. I just know the size of the rim and tires. I can literally get 2 fingers in the rear wheel wheels between the tires and the front I can get 3 so the front is hight just by about a half to 3/4 in. I will adjust tha tsoon with the Tbars. I also have to cut the lower rib off the front bump stops which I forgot to do.

Well I had the chance to measure this afternoon and this is what I came up with.

F- D and P side 33"

R-D 32 1/4 , P 32 3/4

I figure the drivers side is a tad lowr do to the fuel tank or something. Illl take down the fron about a half inch this week and modify th bumpstops. Im thinking that may relieve a bit in the back so it wont rub the fenders as bad.

What if I take the stock bumpstops and just cut them down to where they are about a half inch off the axel. Would that still hit hard if the stops hit? Im sure it would cushion it enough to keep the fenders off the tire. Im also gonna remove the spare tire so that will take off a lil bit of weight in the back. From the average info above it seems Im about the right ride heigth on the drop. Im trying to figure out a way to get the rear drivers side to come up a half inch to match the other side. Im thinking the tank brings it down a tad but should be a half inch different. Maybe somethin is worn or set different. If I can get that side up I think my issure will be fine. Any thoughts Tony?

What if I take the stock bumpstops and just cut them down to where they are about a half inch off the axel. Would that still hit hard if the stops hit? Im sure it would cushion it enought to keep the fenders off the tire.

heres something i dont get. You have stock bumsptops in it now right uncut??? im sure before at stock height if you hit a big bump would come down just as far now as it did before and since bumpstops werent touched and didnt rub before it shouldnt rub now.

I looked up the wheels you have in your sig. (Boss 332 22x9.5)

Those come in 2 offsets.

+14 and +30

I'm willing to bet you have the +14 offset which would make your wheels stick out further which explains why your wheel well is hitting the tire.

As for the "Bottoming Out" do you have the bump stop bracket removed and the stop bolted directly to the frame? That will give you more travel but that might not be a good thing if your hitting your tire. Hmmm

No im not bottoming out at all as I do have the Belltech stop mounted directly to the fram. Its just rubbing the wheel well. I did go back and check my wheels and I do the have the +14 offset. Looks like my only options are to put the stock shackle back on which will rasie the rear one inch or have the fender lip rolled. Right now Im trying to find someone locally who can roll the fenders cuz I dont have the money to get a different set of wheels.