What Do You Think?

gmcsierragt

So driving from Portsmouth NH back to Mass, I notice I have really lost alot of power, a hour earlier my mom and her husband were driving behind me and they said everytime I took off or accelerated, I had quite a bit of water coming out of my tailpipe, I have noticed a gradual loss of power over the last year but nothing real significant like tonight. Its not running hot at all, but I am now noticing a bit of ruff idle and a slight sputtering, and it almost stalled a couple times when coming to a stop sign tonight. I let sit and get the engine down to outside tempature, then took it for a run down the road, and it has a little more power but is still really holding back bad. does this sound like clogged cats to anyone else? I just ordered those fake cats for next day delivery http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=572&osCsid=ecb5b2e0eec65145d69f46fdfb4e6dd5, I hope 2.5" is the right size for the truck!cause thats what I ordered, I tried getting a answer on what size I need but I guess noone knows cause I never got a answer. what does water from the tailpipe mean?

water is pretty normal to come out of the tailpipes, for your cats there either 2.5 or 2.75 i believe, so you should be alright. this does sound like a good case of clogged cats. also have you changed your fuel filter? have you changed spark plugs, are the spark plug wires good?

The wires are new Taylor 10.4mm I cant remeber if I changed the plugs or not but they looked great when I checked em while putting the wires on, the were the irradium plugs, and I think I did change the fuel filter a while ago also, but mabey I should throw some new plugs and fuel filter just to cover all basis

. idk if this has anything to do with it but i did just add slick 50 fuel system cleaner earlier tonight

water is pretty normal to come out of the tailpipes, for your cats there either 2.5 or 2.75 i believe, so you should be alright. this does sound like a good case of clogged cats. also have you changed your fuel filter? have you changed spark plugs, are the spark plug wires good?

Water from the exhaust is normal, don't worry about that. How do you know your cats are clogged? Do you have a CEL? And if so, is it flashing?

Power loss is a sign of a bad cat, and if one is plugged like you say it is, you shouldn't be driving the truck or you could potentially do severe engine damage. Also, some fuel system cleaners are not very cat friendly, so I am sure the can you dumped in yesterday is not helping.

yes my cel did flash for a minute on the way home while it was bogging down but then it stayed solid, and the code is for cats running below efficancy, I ordered thos false cats for overnight next day delivery

Water from the exhaust is normal, don't worry about that. How do you know your cats are clogged? Do you have a CEL? And if so, is it flashing?

Power loss is a sign of a bad cat, and if one is plugged like you say it is, you shouldn't be driving the truck or you could potentially do severe engine damage. Also, some fuel system cleaners are not very cat friendly, so I am sure the can you dumped in yesterday is not helping.

yes my cel did flash for a minute on the way home while it was bogging down but then it stayed solid, and the code is for cats running below efficancy, I ordered thos false cats for overnight next day delivery

Flashing CEL means Pull the f over and turn it off.... More than likely the cat's, same thing happened to me, when i took them off they were both damn near to being completely full :ughdance: