Check Engine Light On For 10 Long Minutes

Chris Dubya

While replacing the stock plastic air-tube from my AIRAID filter to the throttle body, I decided to clean out my FILTHY throttle housing. I used a rubber coated clamp to hold the valve open, sprayed around the inside of the housing, and wiped it out carefully. THICK ass sludge. Anyways, I hopped in and tried to start it (with the valve still clamped open), no go. Tried to start it 2 more times and finally remembered that I had the valve open (and the tube from my MAF/AIRAID not connected).

Hooked it all up, started right up, but not the engine light was on. F*CK. Drove it for 10 min (4" pipe allows much more flow than stock), got back into my driveway and wondered what to do about the light. Disconnect battery, reconnected - no luck. Next, unplugged the sensor to the MAF, plugged it back in and viola' no more light.

Just thought I would share.

C~Dubya

While replacing the stock plastic air-tube from my AIRAID filter to the throttle body, I decided to clean out my FILTHY throttle housing. I used a rubber coated clamp to hold the valve open, sprayed around the inside of the housing, and wiped it out carefully. THICK ass sludge. Anyways, I hopped in and tried to start it (with the valve still clamped open), no go. Tried to start it 2 more times and finally remembered that I had the valve open (and the tube from my MAF/AIRAID not connected).

Hooked it all up, started right up, but not the engine light was on. F*CK. Drove it for 10 min (4" pipe allows much more flow than stock), got back into my driveway and wondered what to do about the light. Disconnect battery, reconnected - no luck. Next, unplugged the sensor to the MAF, plugged it back in and viola' no more light.

Just thought I would share.

C~Dubya

mines been on for 3 long years. i had no interest in buing an evap solenoid. but i think i owe it to old girl. this has been my favorite daily driver ive ever had, bar none.