Heres What Im Starting To Piece Together

With the help of Zippys suggestions here is what Im going to start piecing together to build the top end of my truck. Let me know what you think comments or suggestions. I plan on being NA for a while but then later on putting a SC on it. It is my daily driver after all so here goes.

-xtra set of 317's for PnP

-LS2 timing set

-LS7 rollers

-45lb injectors

-3k stall

-shift kit and cervo, until i can save enough money to do a 4l80 swap giving this trans holds up long enough, lol

Im not sure on which shift kit and cervo to go with so please shoot off suggestions here

-Patriot dual gold springs

-TBSS intake

-LEP blower cam 224/230 .612/.612 116 LSA

Zippy suggested this cam for my setup and it sounds pretty good to me

-ARP head bolts

Now I do need to know what size of pushrods to get. Iknow I want chromoly rods as for the type but I dont know what length Ill need. Im also thinking about doing a different rocker set. I was thinking of using LS7 rockers but wasnt sure if theyd work for this setup. So help me out ith rocker choices also. I think that pretty much covers my build setup except for a GM gasket set and fluids. Well let me know what you guys think. Thanx in advance.

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

dont want to thrwo a wrench in zippy's plans but Supersub had a radix for a great deal...IMO if you could get a radix for under $3k then I think that is a good plan too. and I have seen radixs go for far less for guys who are looking.

I did heads and I bet not pulling the hesds will make the entire process alot easier.

radix will be cheapest

roush 1900 would be best cost/power

Maggie 1900 will be alot like the roush, just cost a little more

Magge 2300 ...you know

if you pull your heads put the ones you want on there, no point in going thru all the fluids and misc nuts and bolts if you plan to change. Look down the road and see if the plans make since if you are doen the road. ex. if you went radix first, whould you go thru all the trouble to pull every thing off for the gains of changing heads?? propbly not, if you have a radix and down the roasd add headers, alot easier for the gains...

I had this problem, then when deals were popping up, I could not jump on them b/c my set up did not plan for it. same for finding a TBSS intake, alot of searching, you buy it, then if you get a SC, you have to resell the intake...I guess my point is plan well, and stick to the plan.

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Well I wont be doing this whole setup right now. I will be getting certain pieces at a time as money will allow then when I get everything then it will be installed. I was thinking of getting a Radix myself if I can find one at a good price and I have seen some, but I prob wont have the money for that til next tax return.

in about a month or so i will have a set of 317s out when i do my heads and cam swap and ill let them go cheap. ill sell the heads and cam for 400... from there all you would need is the springs and pushrods, seats, retainers etc....

if you still need them when i pull my heads let me know.

What cam is it and has anythingg been done to your heads?. Also mileage.

heads are in great shape. stock with my springs but im gonna keep them. they have 120k on them but if ur doing a port and polish it wont matter.

cam is a custom grind 218/224 563 581 113 lsa

heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHeMzBKhMg

Ive actually seen ur vid before. LOL. Yea, it sounds good man. Im looking for a lil more lope really but keep me posted when you take it out and I may still take it off your hands. How many miles are on the cam?

Ive actually seen ur vid before. LOL. Yea, it sounds good man. Im looking for a lil more lope really but keep me posted when you take it out and I may still take it off your hands. How many miles are on the cam?

MAYBE 5k.... did it less than a year ago and i had 116k on the truck and now i have 120k. the lope can be adjusted in the tune. the powerband of the cam is awesome. my idle speed is like 750-800 so if ur tuner drops it down to like 650 or so it will sound even better. i had to keep it up because i didnt/ dont have a converter in the truck. i will as of next weekend but with a stock converter its hard to start going with a cam. hey if you dont want it thats fine. ill still sell u the heads. lol

Well like I said I may still pick it up off of you. What kind of gain did you see with the cam? I will also still be running a stock stall for a while until I can get me a 3k stall. What kind of stall are you goin with?