Ended Mother'S Day With A Crash

tawss04

Well I had a pretty good Mother's Day till an old man decided to run a stop sign. He was not paying attention at all and just went right thru, did not try to stop or anything. I was only doing about 30mph and by the time I realized he wasn't stoping i nailed the brakes. I was towing both my jet ski's and everything from the beach, its was about 1500lbs, I tagged his right rear wheel. If I wasn't towing my ski's I could have stopped in time.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

033.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Luckily its the bumper and the rest is cosmetic. The funny thing was Sat I washed it and was thinking I need to get the bumper repainted because of the f-ing love bugs and rock chips. Well now its is getting painted. i have a repair shop so I'm going to do everything my self except for the paint work. I'm going to get the RaceMesh Grille, need to find a Shopman Bowtie. I have the HID head lights, not sure if I'm going to change the head lamps and parking lights.

I'm definitly coming out ahead.

Well I had a pretty good Mother's Day till an old man decided to run a stop sign. He was not paying attention at all and just went right thru, did not try to stop or anything. I was only doing about 30mph and by the time I realized he wasn't stoping i nailed the brakes. I was towing both my jet ski's and everything from the beach, its was about 1500lbs, I tagged his right rear wheel. If I wasn't towing my ski's I could have stopped in time.

Luckily its the bumper and the rest is cosmetic. The funny thing was Sat I washed it and was thinking I need to get the bumper repainted because of the f-ing love bugs and rock chips. Well now its is getting painted. i have a repair shop so I'm going to do everything my self except for the paint work. I'm going to get the RaceMesh Grille, need to find a Shopman Bowtie. I have the HID head lights, not sure if I'm going to change the head lamps and parking lights.

I'm definitly coming out ahead.

Could you tell me what tool is used to remove the plastic rivots from the bumper cover. The ones that look like a circle with 3 little fins. Also, where I might could find one.

Thanks!

Luckily its the bumper and the rest is cosmetic. The funny thing was Sat I washed it and was thinking I need to get the bumper repainted because of the f-ing love bugs and rock chips. Well now its is getting painted.

Thats exactly why it happened, since you mentioned that you wanted to get it repainted, you where given a reason to get it done.

Edited by Berry (see edit history)

Could you tell me what tool is used to remove the plastic rivots from the bumper cover. The ones that look like a circle with 3 little fins. Also, where I might could find one.

Thanks!

The plastic rivets need to be drilled out. There are some plastic push pins that use a screw driver and pair of pliers to take off.

Just ordered my shopman bowtie and have my grille ready ship out to have the Racemesh grille installed. The bumper, brackets and cover are ordered. I'm going to have to drive around for a couple of weeks with no grille while the Racemesh is installed, but it will be worth it.

Well the truck is in pieces. Almost ready to be painted. Thinking about installing a steel cowl hood and going 2 tone on the paint, most of my scratches are on the hood, top of the bed and tailgate. The insurance company sent me $4500. I only have about $800 in parts plus need to my painter so I wil still have about $2500 left over. :fingersx:

Well the truck is in pieces. Almost ready to be painted. Thinking about installing a steel cowl hood and going 2 tone on the paint, most of my scratches are on the hood, top of the bed and tailgate. The insurance company sent me $4500. I only have about $800 in parts plus need to my painter so I wil still have about $2500 left over. :fingersx:

$2500 left over sounds great! pepsicheer.gif

Whatch'a gonna do with it?

Post some after pics when you get her back together.