I Left My Tailgate Down!

mikes ss

When i bought my ss it came with a superchips tuner. So i thought i would give it a try. Of course i was eager to install it thinkin my truck would be lightning fast. So i went out to tear up the open roads, standin on it at every country corner.

Needless to say im not a fan of the tune. It did give more big end pull and Acceleration a bit better but not much.

The main thing i did not like was the long drawn out 1-2 shift. So i returned home to remove the tune and keep the tuner for a diganostic tool. So i get out of the truck and go to the bed to retreive it, AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! I forgot to put the tailgate up!!!! Is the any way i can remove this tune without the programmer? Maybe reset my ecu? Any help would be appreciated. I cannot stand this tune, and i dont want to sell my truck becuz of it.

thanks

mike

Where are you located? If you are near someone that has EFI Live or HP Tuners, they can upload a stock tune file to your truck. You could also get a tuned PCM from Wheatley or BlackBear which would also solve the problem....

Where are you located? If you are near someone that has EFI Live or HP Tuners, they can upload a stock tune file to your truck. You could also get a tuned PCM from Wheatley or BlackBear which would also solve the problem....

i am in toledo ohio. Not sure if i want another tune. superchips kinda left a bad taste.

i am in toledo ohio. Not sure if i want another tune. superchips kinda left a bad taste.

You won't be dissapointed with a custom tune from any of the vendors on the site like weatley/blackbear or zippy they are so much better than one of those hand held programers ..

Hey I am from Bellevue, just south of Sandusky. I have EFI Live and can help you with a stock tune. Do you have any mods done to your truck or plan on doing any mods? I am new to tuning but can prob help you some. Let me know. And trust me a real tune is wayyyyyy better than a superchip tune.