Hooking A Sub To A Stock Bose System

Does any one know what the part is called that you use to hook RCA's to a stock system that works with the Bose system? I used the one that hooks in to the speaker wires but that one doesnt work with amplified systems so i need to find one that does.

Thanks to all that reply

You need an MTX Re-Q. It counteracts the stock sound systems bass reduction when you turn the volume up :thumbsup: It's what i'm running with great results...

way pay the money when u can get a basic line out converter on ebay for like 20 bucks.?? i have a crappy ass LOC on my factory harness that just simply sends signal to my 4 channel..... its VERY easy to install and all you need to know is which wires to use.....

easy way to remember aftermarket wiring diagrams is this little story i was told YEARS ago....

there was a bank robbery. a white guy, black guy, and barney...

the white guy was the head of the operation and chose to drive the getaway car (driverside front) white wires

the white guy didnt trust the black guy (im not prejudice just what i was told) so he hade him ride shotgun (passenger side front) black wires

the only way for the driver to keep ahold of the money was to keep it behind him (driver side rear) green wires.

barney just came along for the ride (passenger side rear) purple wires

gm wiring harness is:

driver side front..... tan/ grey (tan is the man aka positive)

passenger side front light green/ dark green ) light green positive

driver side rear.... brown/yellow (brown is positive)

passenger side rear dark blue/light blue ( dark blue positive)

when hooking up a single or 2 channel amp for a SUB use the REAR speakers......

when hooking up a 4 channel use all 4 as said above....

make sure when u tap the harness (under the center console remove the cup holder), and find the harness. the wires that are twisted are going to the speakers and put ur line out converter after the clip (tap into the twisted wires)

there ya go...

So the cheap converters will work with the bose amplified system if i wire it up like you have described???

yes thaey will you can get one at best buy circuit city or any sterio shop. Just pull out your factory head unit splice it into the front or rear speaker wires hook up your RCA cables put the h/u back in run your cables on the opposite side of your power wire cause you will get engine noise if you don't. It's a pretty simple deal

Here you go, no need to cut anything up, plug and play. it just plug in line from the head unit to the amp. gives you four RCA outputs.

subwoofer interface

very true. im not a HUGE fan of PAC products but it works great. also you can pick one up on ebay for 34 bucks shipped.

yes. there is no security relearn or anything with bose unless you are switching some other bose radio such as a bose without steering wheel controls to one with. it is the exact same thing as ur battery being disconnected.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

ok thanks, ive never installed stereo equipment in a vehicle this new before so you all have been a great help. i just ordered the pac product so hopefully this will fix all my problems.

Thanks again