Wife Got In A Wreck

Well, I'm in Iraq and she sends me an email that said call me asap. I've told her before not to send that if its not a real emergency. So i call her and her friends mom answers. Apparently some chick pulled out in front of them from a side street and they T-boned her.shakehead.gif The wife just got banged up pretty good, but her friend has a broken knee cap from the dash!! Thank god my daughter wasnt in the car. They were probably going about 40mph. The EMT's said their seatbelt and airbags saved them. On the bright side we wanted to get rid of her car for a tahoe or suburban. Just didnt plan on anyone getting hurt for it to happen. My dad drove down to bring the SSS for her to drive and went and looked at the car. he said the aluminum cradle is wrinkled really bad and the left frame rail wrinkled all the way back to the firewall. But their both doing good now probably just going to be sore for the next few days. later gary

post-15646-127409581252_thumb.jpg

post-15646-127409585228_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I agree they were both lucky. The wife just got a boob job a few weeks ago, so I'm glad the seatbelt didnt do any damage!!! Especially before i even get to see them. Her friend is having surgery in the morning and will be out for 6-8 weeks. They have to put in some pins and screws in to hold things together. Sounds painfull. Later Gary

Thanks guys. I agree they were both lucky. The wife just got a boob job a few weeks ago, so I'm glad the seatbelt didnt do any damage!!! Especially before i even get to see them. Her friend is having surgery in the morning and will be out for 6-8 weeks. They have to put in some pins and screws in to hold things together. Sounds painfull. Later Gary

Hope everything works out and they get well soon

Insurance called yesterday. The car is totaled, as if there was any doubt. I found an 05 tahoe LT fully loaded. factory nav and rear entertainment, everything. 65k miles and theyre asking $21k. she is going up there today to see what they can do. our friend had surgery yesterday and found that the knee cap was broken in half and one of the halves was broken in 5 piecesconfused.gif but they got everything fixed that they needed, and theyre both doing good just really sore still. thanks guys. gary

Insurance called yesterday. The car is totaled, as if there was any doubt. I found an 05 tahoe LT fully loaded. factory nav and rear entertainment, everything. 65k miles and theyre asking $21k. she is going up there today to see what they can do.

Talk 'em down, that is a bit pricey. I picked up an '03 Tahoe LS that had 72k on the clock last fall for $9k before tax and tags. Granted it isn't loaded like the one you saw, but I think you can do a bit better then $21k. Blue Book Retail Pricing is roughly $23k on what you listed, if you could get it for between $18-20k, you are ahead of the game. See how willing they are to negotiate and come down on price....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

the only problem is im over here. so its the wife doing all the talking. as of right now she said they could do $22k out the door including sales tax and fees. thats still $2k under nada value. i agree its not a smokin deal. but the things is like new. she said it looks like its never even been driven. my family has owned a few of this body style suv so she is familiar with what should be what. so we will see. still trying to get everything straight with the old loan. gary

Hey Gary, sorry to hear about the troubles. I'm sure its a real bitch being over there and not being able to deal with it yourself. Is your dad involved? He seems like the kind of guy that could really help in this situation. I know we haven't talked in awhile, but i haven't forgotten about ya. If there is anything i can do from Manhattan, let me know. I'd be happy to help. If not, drop me a line when the smoke clears. And keep me updated on your return. Glad to hear they're ok though. On a side note, i'll be looking for more info on the silicone restructuring. My wife is in the market for a good surgeon... :D . Talk to you soon. Be safe. Mike

thanks mike. ya my dad is involved. he has help quite a bit. as far as everything with the tahoe my wife is doing it all. and doing a pretty good job aswell. it def. is a pain trying to help via phone and email. but it will all work out im sure. hows everything at your casa? the new truck still doing good? ill send you an email in the next few days. later gary