Need Alittle Advice On My Trans

well i took the truck to a trans shop. good news is its not the trans. they hooked up the scanner to it had sum codes about its not firing in a couple of cylinders. they didnt want to mess with it anymore because there a trans shop not a engine shop. while it was there they changed out the maf and same prob. driving more and more it feels like its not getting enough fuel. one of the techs at the shop said thats why its not shifting correctly the comp. dosent know when to shift because its not getting enough fuel.

well i took the truck to a trans shop. good news is its not the trans. they hooked up the scanner to it had sum codes about its not firing in a couple of cylinders. they didnt want to mess with it anymore because there a trans shop not a engine shop. while it was there they changed out the maf and same prob. driving more and more it feels like its not getting enough fuel. one of the techs at the shop said thats why its not shifting correctly the comp. dosent know when to shift because its not getting enough fuel.

What codes were stored in the PCM? As stated earlier, the random misfire has to be caused by something, and usually is not a fuel related issue.....

alright here the codes P0300,P0101. its driving very rough i couldnt take her any higher than 50mph

Okay, my next questions......is your CEL flashing at all? Does your DIC say "Reduced Engine Power"? Have you had any power loss or reduced fuel economy? Any strange rattles under the truck at all? Any foul, rotten egg smell near your tailpipe?

Just did a little research, and I believe you may have two unrelated problems. The first being the P0300 which WILL NOT set if P0101 is set, so the P0101 must have set some time after the P0300. The P0300 more often then not with these trucks signifies a degrading or plugged catalyst converter, and will usually set before any actual cat codes like P0420/P0430. You need to take this seriously, especially since your truck is running rough. A bad cat can cause severe damage to your engine. The P0101 is a MAF performance code, there are a few things you need to check. First, you need to check to make sure that the MAF sensor harness is plugged in and seated properly. Next, you need to check for loose clamps or some sort of post-MAF intake leak. Lastly, as stated earlier, the P0101 could be tune related.....

There is a rattle coming from the engne bay and the CEL is flashing. I'm not sure about the smell I'll check that when I get home hopefully it starts

You have a bad cat, guaranteed that one of your cats is coming apart internally, hence the rattle. When you see that flashing CEL, it stands for a catalyst damaging random engine misfire, you are supposed to pull over and turn the truck off immediately or severe engine damage can occur. You need to have this taken care of ASAP....

Well dam. I hope I didn't mess anything up in the motor I drove it about another 40 miles home before it turned off. Well I'm going to cut the cats out tonight. Can I just cut the cats out and run straight pipe

well guys i said f@#k it. i went ahead and cut out the cats now the truck seems to have its power back. now i guess ill run a straight pipe in place of both cats. what kind of issues should i expect to run in to. by the way guys thank you for all your help. thanks fireman you really helped me out.

well guys i said f@#k it. i went ahead and cut out the cats now the truck seems to have its power back. now i guess ill run a straight pipe in place of both cats. what kind of issues should i expect to run in to. by the way guys thank you for all your help. thanks fireman you really helped me out.

No problem. :cheers: Do they run emmision inspections out your way? That may be the only set back you will face. Just make sure you have all the rear 02 sensor codes deleted from your tune if you run straight pipe, or your CEL will be on permanently.....