Is My Trans About To Take A Dump?

I have a 03 SSS with about 96k miles on it. Most of the time my trans temps barley get over 125* even when I pulled 6000 lbs with the truck. now 6 months later the truck feels super sluggish it almost feels like the throttle is only opening about 75%. I launched it today from a light to get out in front of traffic to merge out of a turn only lane. The next stop and normal take off after the hard launch it felt like the truck was still in 3rd gear then as i gave it a little throttle it shifted into 2nd then 1st real quick and jerked hard in doing so I also noticed my temps were up to about 200*. I know the red zone does not start until almost 300* but it is still higher than normal. The truck is stock with the exception of a muffler and tail pipe replacement and a K&N drop in filter.

I was reading in another thread that a dirty MAF can cause trans issues and i know some people have probs with K&Ns causing dirty MAFs. Could this my my issue or could it be something more?

Oh forgot to mention the truck pulled a 5x8' u haul trailer from central Fl to the south part of fort worth Tx. It was not very heavy it only had our bed and cloths in it but it was about a 1300 mile trip.

First thing is first, is the CEL on? Also, when was the last time you checked the trans fluid level? Was this the only time it happened? Lastly, how hot out was it?

Many things can lead to transmission slips, keep in mind that the number one killer of automatic transmissions is heat. 200* is hot, but I wouldn't be too concerned especially if it was hot out and you were towing a trailer. 220* is the breaking point, if you see temps over 220*, count on the life of your transmission being cut in half. If you see temps close to 300*, stick a fork in it because it is cooked.....

An over oiled K&N filter can gunk up the MAF causing the PCM to get innaccurate readings, which in turn lead to shifting issues, but if you have not serviced the filter lately, I doubt that is the cause. By all means, clean the MAF to eliminate that variable, it is preventative maintenance anyway....

The outside temp was in the mid 80s when it happened. no trailer on the truck when it did it no CEL and it has happened maybe 2 or 3 other times about a month apart each time or so. I have never cleaned the filter a buddy is sponsored by K&N he got the filter for his moms truck then about 3 months later he got the whole FIPK kit and gave me the drop in.