Turn Awd Off With A Switch?

Hey guys so i was on youtube and i came across this jeep srt8 which as we all know comes only in awd.... however the guy had a switch of sorts put in and can now choose between 2wd and awd??? is this possible in our trucks bc to be honest i cant stand not being to do burnouts lol... awd will spin but only when i have momentum and i gas it going around a turn but then it hooks right up.... any help??

Oh great so lets say i did wanna do something i would have to take the front driveshaft off and all that stuff and it would cost a fortune :( any other ideas how i could just engage the rear wheels or disengage the front wheels to get good burnouts??

to turn your truck into 2wd is not expensive, you just need the trans tailshaft, output shaft, and drive shaft. remove front driveshaft and transfer case/diff. Or get a 4x4 transfer case but that requires this to install the proper 4x4 wiring harness if you want things done right....

gallery_4677_195_24766.jpeg

This was done on my brother's coworkers truck. He is a GM mastertech and works at the local dealer. He scored all the pieces for next to nothing so it was worth it to him to turn his 2wd 2500 into a 4wd. It took him about two days to get it all done at the shop and he is the one that handles all of the wiring jobs at the dealer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he is very meticulous, and not a single piece was missing, not was a single clip broken

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

to turn your truck into 2wd is not expensive, you just need the trans tailshaft, output shaft, and drive shaft. remove front driveshaft and transfer case/diff. Or get a 4x4 transfer case but that requires this to install the proper 4x4 wiring harness if you want things done right....

gallery_4677_195_24766.jpeg

LOL, this all looks familiar...

Picture190.jpg