Thinkin About Sellin/Trading My Truck In For A Cts-V ...?

well like the title says...im considering trading my truck in..or sellin it for a CTS-V...just curious what u guys think..i think theres some guys on here that have had or do have cts..just curious what u think...im gonna go test drive one tonite probly and see what if i like it.... wish i could find a mallet or supercharged one i could trade strait up for or close..lol i had to be slower then my SS...or a ZO6 could be fun :)

wow, great minds think alike :)

I love the LSa in the new CTS-v, but those are spendy.

the older CTS-v has a weak rear...but have see a few here in the MI area for under 20K.

I feel anything with a LSx based motor is a really good starting point, and I bet a jack shaft 122 might fit :devil:

wow, great minds think alike smile.gif

I love the LSa in the new CTS-v, but those are spendy.

the older CTS-v has a weak rear...but have see a few here in the MI area for under 20K.

I feel anything with a LSx based motor is a really good starting point, and I bet a jack shaft 122 might fit FIREdevil.gif

yesss id loveee to get my hands on a 09+ V...they look amazing..and with a blower from the factory thats just gotta be fun!!

ive been throwin the idea around for awhile..i did read the other nite a guy raced his maggied v against a New v..and the maggied v did beat the new one...so +1 for the maggie again..lol im sure alil tuning on the new one and it would be a monster..but i dont wanna think about it...60k+ is alil out of reach..:(

anyways have u seen much to stay away from? ive read alot about the rear end problems being the weaklink...il take that over are trans haha...is one year better then they other? kinda like the 03s in are ss have a better fuel system..

theres a dealership up here that has a stock black one 05 with 49k for about 20k ... ive seen some pretty heavly moded ones on ebay and ls1 tech go for mid to high 20s...i should have jumped on one of them.......there was one with a 413lsx in it..with low miles im still killin my self for not buyin....owelll

I agree there are deals in modded coars out there now. I have seen so many parts getting sold for the trucks that amazes me...people are giving turbo hot parts away...

the SSS is just LONG. I dont notice it till I have drinve the astro for a few days and then the sss is like a freight truck.

I want:

the same motor(Lq9 or what ever LSx V8)

AWD

Smaller

NOT a TBSS

I agree there are deals in modded coars out there now. I have seen so many parts getting sold for the trucks that amazes me...people are giving turbo hot parts away...

the SSS is just LONG. I dont notice it till I have drinve the astro for a few days and then the sss is like a freight truck.

I want:

the same motor(Lq9 or what ever LSx V8)

AWD

Smaller

NOT a TBSS

sounds like u need to wait...i see the newer v6 cts-v are awd...could u imagine the NEW blown cts-v and awd...i think i just got a woody....lmfao!!

il defintly keep that in mind about the efans

The earlier ones were an LS6... The later one's had an LS2 and stronger rear ends...

what year did they switch over to the ls2 and what year had the better rearend....i havent found a solid answer i think it was like 04 or 05

Glad I'm not alone..I was talking about that the other day

im not 100% sold yet.. i still havent drivin one yet.... kinda tryin not to cause i have a feeling il fall in love with it...stoped by the dealership today...but the person i know wasnt there..but did get a chance to show the wife ...she thinks its sexy! so i got her vote

Well, it seems there are many who are growing just slightly tired of the Silverado SS.

I took the plunge myself. It came down to the CTS V and the G8 GT for me. I test drove both and had deals working up on both. The V is a great car. Buddy has a silver 04 and drives it year round. He has 100k on it and has been through two rear ends, one under warranty and one not. It is stock. GM put the LS2 in the V starting in 2006 model year. GM also updated the rear ends in 2006 to somewhat rectify the rear end issues. The rear end binds during severe wheel hop in high torque scenarios, causing it to fail, typically during a launch. There are fixes for it now. An after market company sells an axle kit modified to eliminate the wheel hop for around $600. Well worth it in my opinion and from what I have read, it works.

However, I had a hard time spending $20+k on 50-60k mile vehicles with no warranties. So I went with the G8 GT.

And yes, I love it. I would highly recommend test driving the G8 GT if you can find one. I picked up my 09 with under 40k miles for $21k. No rear end issues, they have the fairly robust 6L80E 6spd auto, no rear end issues, etc. Only downside is there is no manual option unless you go with the GXP version which had a manual option. Personally,if you still need a manual, I would still try to find a GXP because they are newer, would have a warranty, they have the 6.2L instead of 6.0L, they are faster than the CTS V from the factory, and super rare/unique. I wish I could have afforded a GXP, but at $30k+ used, it was out of the budget. However, the GT is a 13.5ish car completely stock. With a handheld superchips tune, CAI, and axle mufflers, 13.0-13.1 is typical. With headers, high 12's. Add a cam, heads or FI and elevens are easily within reach and I dont expect to have the frustrations of popping everything (trans, diff, etc). The ride is superior to the silverado, obviously, passenger car vs truck. I practically cried when giving up the SS, but having the G8 GT for 2 weeks now has alleviated all concerns. I have no regrets.

Just take your time and test drive a couple of them and then make your decision. If you want to meet up sometime to go for a ride in the GT, let me know. It took me over a month to find a G8 GT with a reasonable price tag.

Oh yeah...And GM, those buttheads...make a supercharged version of the G8 GT factory in England. Its called the Vauxhal VXR8(really a Holden car made in Australia and imported to the US and Europe). If I ever get the money, I will be getting the VXR body and modifying mine to that look. The kits are available.

VXR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6imlJ82VE&feature=related

OR...you could just go twin turbos with the G8 GT...All stock except exhaust and twins...

i would diffently like to go for a ride some time...i havent rode in a G6 or G8 yet. i hadnt really considered a G8...didnt even thinkin about it probly cause your right there rare....if i was goin for a DD that would probly be what i would pick... but ive got a company truck for a DD..sooo basily this is just my toy for nice days and weekends..or somethin special to take the wife out to dinner in..so thats why i was thinkin a caddy or a vette.. but i think the class of the caddy might be nice over the vette..