The Sss Not So Ss?

How dare you say such blasphemy about the SSS. If your getting killed by hondas on a reguler basis you might wanna double check to make sure someone didnt swap your 6.0 for a 5.3 My truck is stock, its not real fast but it sure is hell aint slow, not to mention my clock just turned 220,000

So am I the only one here that thinks that the SSS is not worthy of the SS badging? Yes I know its a big heavy truck and what not but shouldn't a SS have some balls? I know with some work and money the SSS can be quick but stock its down right slow. I down know about yals kill history but ive been beaten by just about anything ive been up against including quite a few hondas. The SSS is more of a silverado extreme than a SS.

How dare you say such blasphemy about the SSS. If your getting killed by hondas on a reguler basis you might wanna double check to make sure someone didnt swap your 6.0 for a 5.3 My truck is stock, its not real fast but it sure is hell aint slow, not to mention my clock just turned 220,000

easybiggrinjester.gif....i got the 5.3 and i punch on ricers all day unless they r boosted....but that wont be for long

I agree Chevy hit the mark with them..ofcourse there is some things i would like to change but Chevy will never please everyone..BUT the Silverado SS stands out in the crowd...you never miss one when your driving down the road...what more could you want?

iamwithstupid.gif

The original SS cars were fast for the most part. But what about the Nova II ss with the V-6? And all the other V-6 SS models? SS didn't mean that the biggest motor was in the cars, it was also an apprearance upgrade like bucket seats, chrome trim etc. As mentioned above performance (AWD, 345hp 6.0L) style (Cladding, 20" wheels) power (same as performance) Luxury (Leahter buckets, steering wheel controls, bose system, etc)

I love SS models, and will eventually have more. The SS to me is what it is meant to be, a combination of what chpspecial said.

And as blackbeast ss said Lightnings were meant to go fast. I live around 6 of them and I get more people asking me about mine than they do combined. I drive my SS everyday and they drive theirs 4-5 months a year.

SS all the way!

correction: They weren't Nova IIs, they were Chevy IIs, and back then it was an inline 6.....And less cylinders on an SS doesn't mean it is slow....I'm betting money my Cobalt SS that is stock down to the factory airbox will change your mind about that.

as many others have said, SS isnt all about the engine, its about looks, performance, and luxury. I bought my SS in a big part for the looks and I never regret it when i park it at work every morning and look back and go....damn thats one sexy truck right there Chevy_anim.gif

The Silverado SS has earned it's stripes, and done so proudly. It's still a truck, any real guy won't call the Lightning, a truck, but rather a performance vehicle with a bed, same as the SRT... they don't preform 'truck' duties very well at all. But, if you are going to waste that kind of money for a 'performance vehicle' get a Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Challenger, ect., that actually does perform like a performance vehicle, and serves that purpose. And, if you having troubles beating "just about anything" your up against, you're either picking fights with a lot of modded vehicles that is way out of your league and ability to start with, or you really don't have a Silverado SS, but a clone with a stock standard Silverado driveline.

And FYI, if you are trying to do high speed rolls, and races like that with a truck, of course you are never going to win, it's a truck, SS, Lightning, SRT, doens't matter, it's still a brick in the wind.

I agree the SS is more of a apperance package but with a little time and $$$$$ its a great sport truck. IMO try using a lightning or a srt as a truck cant tow as much ect.....

For the guys that don't really appreciate trucks that much. Yes, you will get criticized for the SSS "being too slow" but it's been said it's all about Luxury,power,great looks. I try to keep my truck as clean as I can on a daily basis and I get compliments close to everyday and I love it. For power get a Lightning but when it comes down to it you'll only have a reg. cab,short bed 2wd can't go anywhere in the snow POS.(yes I know the SSS was made 2wd also)

the main reason i bought my truck was i loved the balance of power/style and luxury. stock it has enough power to take on a good number of cars on the street. its not to flashy but at the same time it has some differences that make it stand out. and it has enough nice features to keep you comfortable. i personally think they did a great job making it Chevy_anim.gif

It is still a truck. The difference between the Lighting and SRT's is the SSS can still do just about everything a normal truck can, also if you think about it it was fast for its time not to many trucks or cars for that matter where as fast as it. If you are being beat by honda's then maybe their is something else going on, but remember even in sports cars what is fast today will be the slowest tommorrow.