Looking For A Good Dd Car

Ok so the SS is alomst paid off for and I will also be a father before X-mass so I need to find a car thats good if not better on gas then the SS. I will park the truck most days and take the car to work. I fill the truck up atlest 3 times a week at about 50 - 70 dollars each time. I would like to buy new if I can so that I don't have to dump tons off $$ into a beater. I am still trying to finish the Chevelle also.

So let me know your thoughs guys. I'm lookingfor something sporty and clean.

I do like the look of the honda civic's and you can finance them for cheap.

if i had the money, i'd look into getting either a used or maybe a new vw jetta tdi. they get great mileage and perform reasonably well for what they are. one of my buddies has one and it's never given him any problems whatsoever. i like the older body style better than the new one though.

i have a 08 Aveo. gets about 36-38 mpg. i had a 80 mile round trip to work in the SS when gas was $4.85 per gal. so it was cheaper to buy it new, than pay for gas in the SS..not a bad little car with the 5 speed..