Spongy Brake Pedal

StockSS

Just had the same issue with my new truck, Replaced the master flushed the whole system and bled it and problem solved. If you can push on the brake pedal with the truck stopped, and push hard and the pedal goes to the floor it is the master.

I'm interested in your outcome, having similar problems.

Well same issue yet again...... Tried the Goodridge lines from thunder racing and these will not thread into the stock hardlines on the frame. I was so freekin pissed yesterday.... I made sure I talked to a tech when I ordered these. I mentioned the threads being different on the Russel lines and that my truck was AWD. The kit I ordered says it's for 2 and 4wd trucks.

Have you told them what the thread and pitch was? If not go to the parts store and have them look up normal rubber lines for the ss and make sure they choose AWD and the 6.0 motor. have them check the thread and pitch for you there.

Well I went by the dealer, gave my VIN and it shows the fittings are 7/16 x 24 threads. I checked a line they had vs the goodridge lines I bought and they are exactly the same......WTH? So it seems (still need to verify), that the hard lines on my truck are not 7/16 x 24 so that's why they won't work. I plan on puling a line off this weekend and checking it out. Has anyone else seen different lines on these trucks?

• 4 months later...

Update--- The lines on my truck were 7/16 x 24 and the Goodridge kit did work. I had to replace a few of my hard lines after two of them ruptured under the truck while my wife was about to drive her. Apparently corrosion is bad in this model Silverado. So, I went ahead and refitted my hard lines and swapped in the SS lines too.Stock fittings were mushroomed from over tightning which caused the new lines not to want to thread on like I previously mentioned. No more spongy brake pedal. New fluid+new lines= firm and even pedal feel.

Update--- The lines on my truck were 7/16 x 24 and the Goodridge kit did work. I had to replace a few of my hard lines after two of them ruptured under the truck while my wife was about to drive her. Apparently corrosion is bad in this model Silverado. So, I went ahead and refitted my hard lines and swapped in the SS lines too.Stock fittings were mushroomed from over tightning which caused the new lines not to want to thread on like I previously mentioned. No more spongy brake pedal. New fluid+new lines= firm and even pedal feel.

Glad to hear that you've figured it out.

I've noticed that several of my hard lines show rust when almost nothing else on the truck does. Thanks for the heads-up on the corrosion problem. :cheers:

Cool. for further clarification in case anyone had some confusion... the Goodrigdge kit I got was the G-stop kit 14182. the lines i used were 1/4" from Napa and the fittings on the ends were 7/16 x 24. the fittings that go into the ABS module are a different size and pitch.