Big Problem!

myfstSS

So, I was driving yesterday and all the sudden it seems as I lost power in my6.0. I was doing 40 and all the sudden my engine light started flashing so I went home and got out my scanner. I got codes P0100 and P0300 And P0449. It says these are all mass air flow problems so I took off my intake and there was oil in it. I decided to replace the intake gaskets and still runs really rough at idle and rev over 3500 rpm's!!! Any help would be great thanks to all the ss owners!

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

ya this sounds all to familiar, Id bet my money you need new cats and fast

So, I was driving yesterday and all the sudden it seems as I lost power in my6.0. I was doing 40 and all the sudden my engine light started flashing so I went home and got out my scanner. I got codes P0100 and P0300 And P0449. It says these are all mass air flow problems so I took off my intake and there was oil in it. I decided to replace the intake gaskets and still runs really rough at idle and rev over 3500 rpm's!!! Any help would be great thanks to all the ss owners! Check out my site for equipment WWW.CARJAMZ.COM

Edited by gmcsierragt (see edit history)

Any time you see a flashing CEL, it stands for a catalyst damaging random misfire, you are supposed to shut the truck off and pull over immediately or severe engine damage can occur. My guess is that you have a plugged cat, which is coincides with the P0300(random misfire). The P0449 is nothing to be too concerned with, it basically means that the purge solenoid on your fuel tanks EVAP system is stuck. The P0101 is a MAF performance code which can set if your engine is choking, but it can also set if you have a post MAF intake leak like a loose clamp etc etc.

Does your engine still turn over?