Sts Turbo Or Radix

hey guys im looking at getting a sts turbo or im looking at the radix magna charger i need some help on witch one will be better im looking to get some good horsepower so please give me some pointers on whitch on would be best for me

Just depends on what route u wanan take or you like...radix is good for low end power and it's most just bolt on..I would imagine the turbo would take more work to get the best results!..

Radix is a great and I would give that a try! Good luck with whatever choice you make! :cheers:

hey guys im looking at getting a sts turbo or im looking at the radix magna charger i need some help on witch one will be better im looking to get some good horsepower so please give me some pointers on whitch on would be best for me

Good question. I like the sts setup myself only because of the entire setup being a little diffrent from everything else. Now that I have been running the sts for a couple of years now. I think it is a great entry level setup, BUT there is alot of draw backs that have to be taken care of and the supporting mods to make big power gets expensive.

If you are looking for a setup with GREAT customer service, this is it! I have never had a aftermarket company help me out as much as the guys at sts with my whole setup. Tuning services directly from sts are very good, and the parts and setup are well built. The drawbacks that make me nervous, where the oil pump that returns the oil from the turbo to the engine, and then the air filter being under the truck. I have run this setup in the rain, snow and at extreme cold temps. I have used the snorkel tube for my air intake up into the fender wells and I am still nervous about it and I do not go into boost when it is raining or wet outside. That is really the only 2 drawbacks I am ran into.

I do also like the radix setups. They make very good low end right off the line. kinda a matter of opinion, and desires that you want. If you have any question that I can help with on the sts setup, let me know.

Good luck with whatever you choose. cheers.gif

i agree with justin, chris at sts is the man. i also agree on the filter, i sucked up water with mine in 0* of vac and it caused a misfire. yea its a pain but they are great kits for starters, the radix is also good but like everyone has stated, its all about what ur goals are. i myself would do the radix only for the reliability but dont forget, with that much low end power a tranny/ upgrades of a tranny are a MUST!!!! anytime u mess with hp and tq u need a tranny to support the power, the 60-65e tranny is a piece of shit. mine is fully built and ive seen big numbers with them but as more is added, the more strain is on the tranny.

also,to get the BEST bang for the radix, intercooler, tranny, longtubes, tranny cooler and a few other supporting mods are really necessary. its all up to u. u get to use stock parts for the sts and its cheaper than a radix with all the mods.

for drivability and low end, radix.

for top end and hp results with a lot more tq on the mid to topend, got with sts.

its a loaded question :)

How fast do you want to go? 14's 13's 12's 11's

Do you want FI or NA? FI

How much wrenching do you want? a turbo will require more, when you start comparing STS w TVS maggies....the magnacharge is almost fool proof, you get it on a friday, and saturday you will be at the track :)

I would look for a roush 1900...there are a few out there but they are still cheaper than a maggie 1900

Then I would look for anyone else going from a 112 or 122 to a TVS and buy their old set up complete.

Then I would look for a complete procharger

Then I would start looking at turbo kits.

Goal:

14's tune

13's stock raidx

12' radix with mods

12's TVS 1900 and mods

11's TVS 2300 and a bunch of mods/Turbo and a bunch of mods...

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with justin, chris at sts is the man. i also agree on the filter, i sucked up water with mine in 0* of vac and it caused a misfire. yea its a pain but they are great kits for starters, the radix is also good but like everyone has stated, its all about what ur goals are. i myself would do the radix only for the reliability but dont forget, with that much low end power a tranny/ upgrades of a tranny are a MUST!!!! anytime u mess with hp and tq u need a tranny to support the power, the 60-65e tranny is a piece of shit. mine is fully built and ive seen big numbers with them but as more is added, the more strain is on the tranny.

also,to get the BEST bang for the radix, intercooler, tranny, longtubes, tranny cooler and a few other supporting mods are really necessary. its all up to u. u get to use stock parts for the sts and its cheaper than a radix with all the mods.

for drivability and low end, radix.

for top end and hp results with a lot more tq on the mid to topend, got with sts.

Question I have is this I have a 05 awd and I've been thinking

About putting a turbo kit on mine but I'm woried about the tranny as well

Is the tranny in the 05 awd ss a piece of shit to I'm looking at add ing a turbo kit to my truck and I'm

Worried about it coming apart on me as well I'm only looking at 11psi max with the factory bottom end and another question would be how much presure will the plastic intake hold before leaking boost

Intake will be fine, there are a few guys running ~20lbs of boost on the stock intake and TB. the trans will hold together well on stock boost (5-7lbs) with just a shift kit and servos upgrade. Anymore than that and you will need more beefing up with the trans.