Best Wax And Polish

Pretty sure Dylan's pics convinced everyone that saw them.. I bought Adam's products, tried them on a junk fender and then tried it on the wife's car. I am hooked now!!! Done multiple cars now with the same outstanding results. Neighbors have come down when I am buffing and I will show them the before scratches, buff them out and then watch their jaws drop. Truly an amazing product line, and worth every penney!!

post-17120-127794484811_thumb.jpg

Edited by cbrsilv15 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll finish by saying - products don't care what color your paint is, the quality of a finish has everything to do with how well you prep it. Decontaminating properly, removing defects, and getting the paint how you want it BEFORE you put wax or sealant down is whats important. Waxes and sealants will only serve to marginally enhance whats there. You can use the most expensive/greatest products on earth, but if you use them incorrectly or lay them down over an improperly prepped finish you might as well be using the cheap stuff from autozone.

Of course black will have the deepest wettest shine when done right, but thats virtue of the color, not the product choice. So whatever you choose to go with - Adam's, Zaino, Griots, or cheap stuff from Autozone... spend the time to prep the paint correctly first.

awesome info....what is the prep stage....

pretty much prepping the paint is give it a good wash by hand gettting all the dirt off , then claying the whole vehicle to get any contaminants off the paint. then polishing it to what you think is good, the polishing stage is very important because wax wont hide imperfections it will just give it more depth and shine.

awesome info....what is the prep stage....

cleaning and preparing the paint for sealant, wax, or both.

Washing only removes so much contamination, it needs to be followed with clay to completely decontaminate the paint.

After claying there are vary grades of polishes, pads, and compounds to remove defects, enhance gloss, etc. Each situation is unique, how much of and to what extent each paintjob needs certain steps varies.

As always Dylan, your stuff is over the top...... :cheers: ..... I'm still playing around with my UDM and the different pads and polishes....I've used Zaino in the past and am currently working with Adams Polishes.....Contemplating trying out the Megs 105/205 combo, or possibly some PB's just to broaden my experience with different polishes.......

cleaning and preparing the paint for sealant, wax, or both.

Washing only removes so much contamination, it needs to be followed with clay to completely decontaminate the paint.

After claying there are vary grades of polishes, pads, and compounds to remove defects, enhance gloss, etc. Each situation is unique, how much of and to what extent each paintjob needs certain steps varies.

Man, very impressive work! I am a new owner of an 03 Black SS and have been doing homework before i go buy some mothers. If you don't mind, could you send me a PM of some tools I will need to go thru the wax cycle on my truck?

I have clay'ed my tan truck, and have used an orbital wheel for removing wax. Typically i do it all by hand with some elbow grease. anyways, any help is appreciated :)

Man, very impressive work! I am a new owner of an 03 Black SS and have been doing homework before i go buy some mothers. If you don't mind, could you send me a PM of some tools I will need to go thru the wax cycle on my truck?

I have clay'ed my tan truck, and have used an orbital wheel for removing wax. Typically i do it all by hand with some elbow grease. anyways, any help is appreciated :)

Thats really a broad request as so much depends on what you want to achieve, your budget, current condition of the paint, what supplies you have already, your skill level, etc.

A good place to start is simply watching some instructional videos: http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)