Functional Cowl Hood

Hey Guys,

I want a functional cowl hood with the little flapper like on the old 1970 chevelles, the only issue is that I can't find one for 03 and up. All I can find is up to 2002... does anyone know if they make that style for my 03 Sss?

I figured as much :/

My Mods? lol. I get asked that alot hahaha. Outside she looks bone stock, under the hood is a differnet story...

My LQ9 now has:

Kaetech heads and cam

Bigger Injectors

Electric Fans

SLP 1.85 Rockers

SLP 160 stat

Lingenfelter intake manifold

LS7 Z06 Throttle Body

MSD Coil packs

Dynatech Headers and Cat-less intermediate pipes

Magnaflow Catback

Banks Cold Air Kit

And a Custom PCM tune by my local speed shop.

I dyno'd it before the "Final Tune" and it put down 409hp at the wheels with 93 octane. The truck really came alive after the tune about a year ago. I'm being conservative and going with 425... my tuner guy said it'll probably dyno somewhere in the 470-500 range on 100 octane. Im happy with the low 400ish on 93 smile.gif

Edited by pacamaro (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

The real cowl hood has been on my mind for some time! Didn't know they were out there. Are they steel hoods? I have been searching for a rusted chevelle SS hood that I could cut up and patch into a SSS hood. Has anyone done it yet? What are you thinking for the induction side under the hood? I think this is the over the top exterior mod..........Dave K.