ram air

johnsen

has anybody seen the new ram air kit for late model trucks made by volant? looks like it can be modified to grab air from behind the passanger side duct in the bumper. check it out at www.volantperformance.com

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a Volant air system with scoop on my 99 4.8 Silverado 3 weeks ago. Wow!! What an inprovement.!! It was well worth the $$. I also installed a Diablosport Predator from Penzo Performance. The total package improved my E.T. by .4 and MPH increased by 3. Everything fit just fine and performance is Smooth. They sure have a quality product.

I installed a Volant air system with scoop on my 99 4.8 Silverado 3 weeks ago. Wow!! What an inprovement.!! It was well worth the $$. I also installed a Diablosport Predator from Penzo Performance. The total package improved my E.T. by .4 and MPH increased by 3. Everything fit just fine and performance is Smooth. They sure have a quality product.

since you have the ram-air intake, how hard do think it would be to modify the down pipe that goes to the scoop? is it like a custom pipe with lots of bends, or is it pretty much straight all the way to the scoop? any info would be greatly appriciated.

Take a look at the web site. Volant Performance. There is a great picture of the whole system. The only bend is in the top of the scope. The rest is straight tube with hose and clamps. If you wanted to relocate the scope all it would take is longer rubber tubing to move it right or left.

Take a look at the web site. Volant Performance. There is a great picture of the whole system. The only bend is in the top of the scope. The rest is straight tube with hose and clamps. If you wanted to relocate the scope all it would take is longer rubber tubing to move it right or left.

so the one on their website is it huh, right on thanks for the info. :thumbs::flag:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

:driving:

has anybody seen the new ram air kit for late model trucks made by volant? looks like it can be modified to grab air from behind the passanger side duct in the bumper. check it out at www.volantperformance.com

I installed a Volant cold air package and the ram air set up. The ram air tube requires you to provide a few zip ties to hold it in place and I used a thick door seal to help the edge of the filter mate up a little better with the edge of the fender. The opening in the fender is a lot smaller than the opening on the end of the Volant filter box. Opening the hole in the fender to match the opening in the filter has to allow air to be drawn more easily. :driving::driving:

With that being said, the engine is a litter noisier and I got about 1 or 1.5 mpg jump in my mileage.

Archived