Getting A Supercharger

my buddy is looking into getting a supercharger on his 04 AWD SSS, what other things should he do besides a shift kit and obviously a tune?

right now he has shorty headers, k&n cai and a flowmaster on the stock exhaust pipes but he is looking into getting a corsa soon.

he and i have the same setup right now, but i may look into this also

Edited by ChinoHillian (see edit history)

Is he looking at a centrifugal or roots style?

I agree with Jesse. Beefing up the tranny should be the first thing to do. Your buddy is gonna wanna play around with the added horsepower and shove the pedal through the floor. And when he does, a stock trans WILL NOT LAST. Ditch the shorties and get some LTs and a set of plug wires too.

Is he looking at a centrifugal or roots style?

I agree with Jesse. Beefing up the tranny should be the first thing to do. Your buddy is gonna wanna play around with the added horsepower and shove the pedal through the floor. And when he does, a stock trans WILL NOT LAST. Ditch the shorties and get some LTs and a set of plug wires too.

I agree long tubes are the best.....but I have read some other guys posts from his neck of the woods complaining about the strict emissions testing in california. I'm not sure if it will pass with the long tubes or not???

I agree long tubes are the best.....but I have read some other guys posts from his neck of the woods complaining about the strict emissions testing in california. I'm not sure if it will pass with the long tubes or not???

as long as u have cats and someone that will look the other way on the visual inspection u will pass a smog with long tubes,so ive heard......i am going to rebuild my tranny to put my radix on i wanna be sure i wont have any probs so im goin fully built on my tranny

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

<br />as long as u have cats and someone that will look the other way on the visual inspection u will pass a smog with long tubes,so ive heard......i am going to rebuild my tranny to put my radix on i wanna be sure i wont have any probs so im goin fully built on my tranny<br />
<br /><br /><br />

hurry up and install it already lol