Opinions On High Milage Cadillac Or Lincoln As A Daily Driver

tburkdoll

Whats your guy's take on an older say '98 to '03 cadillac or lincoln car... for 6500 or cheaper price range... I heard they run forever and get good gas milage?

Whats your thoughts?

What would be a cheap reliable DD?

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

I know a few people who have town cars with 250,000 there sedan drivers and they run great and look go, and there used as DD. I work at a hotel and deal with people who have lincoln town cars.

kinda ugly car imo lol i really like the looks of the cadillac el dorado and seville sts

Maybe the older Cadys are reliable, but ive lost faith in the new Cadillac's. My mom has a CTS and my dad has a CTS-V. Both cars have been nothing but trouble. The CTS-V only has 40k on it and he just had to replace a broken valve spring, and he does not rod on the car. Also, the rear seals started leaking a couple months ago. When my moms car is stopped at a stop light the whole car shakes because of rough idle.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

high mile caddy's are going to cost you. they are really nice new but once they get miled up, there is no simple repair.

the crown vic platform has been around for ever...its just do you want to be seen driving ms daisy :)

Get a Crown Victoria Ex-Police Cruiser .... OEM and Aftermarket parts are CHEAP and there are a Million of them on the road. Plus on perk, everyone gets the hell ot of your way on the highway!!!! LOL ...

I bought a 1998 P71 Police Interceptor 6.5 years ago for $3800.00, with 106K miles. It now has just shy of 170K miles, it gets 21 mpg on the highway for 4.6L V8. Real comfortable ride.

I have been averaging only about $300 - $400 per year in repairs. Did a Front break job with Refurbished calipers, ceramic pads and Slotted/Drilled rotors for about $190.00.

This is my .02 cents ... :thumbs:

Good luck in your vehicle choice.

Here's a pic of my Ghetto Hoopie ... Black with Chrome, all tinted out ... and Yes, it does have blue lights on the back dash ... :thumbs:

GetAttachment.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Older cars will always give you problems so you have to be very careful on which one you purchase. Shop wisely and I hope you have good luck and don't pick a lemon.

Cheapest reliable ride imo.......get a Huffy!

I would go with the 1996 Impala SS or Caprice it gets the same gas mileage, you can pick one up for the same price or less, and it reliable as long as you take care of it.

Thats what Im drivin as my DD, 95 Caprice 9C1 ex-detective car, u can pick one up cheap

this is my dad with it upon delivery back in 03, its now dark greypost-9089-12779558482_thumb.jpg